1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED United Systems Expansion v4.2 "Final Woes"

Hostility and Peace

1. Echo710

Echo710 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The only comment I really got on this is that its pretty hard.... at least for me. Failed the Leeds campaign at least 4 times before I realized i had an enfield rifle that just made my life alot easier.... Gotta say though, this has to be the most-furnished mod I've ever seen. Great storyline, great planets n such, and great missions. The only things I don't entirely enjoy about the mod are the laggy npcs and the long loading times, but I doubt changing those would be possible due to the mass amounts of NPCs. It is kinda funny to watch bullets wizz by in slow-mo while your bullets are moving real-time.

Just a side note, but the two shotguns' damage levels are kinda far. The Loyalist Shotgun thinge can reach over 1000 damage in less than a second, while its primary fire is near-useless. The actual shotgun does about 50 damage per shot. All these damage notes are based off of Tier 6 Accelerator armor.

2. soldierfast90

soldierfast90 Pangalactic Porcupine

Definite fix coming with the next major update. Goddamn weapons are the hardest part to balance because I forget about them a month later.

As for lag yeah that's just the game chugging it because it wasn't meant to handle a large amount of npcs (and is also based on your computer's processing power but that's a given).

3. soldierfast90

4. Echo710

Couple more notes: I manualy buffed the 20mm cannon, because it was hilariously weak. Enemy 20mm cannons pretty much one-shot, while the underbarrel 20mm does a scratch on enemies... Also, the entites that you put regen on like the terror hunter or the city searcher are near invincible due to the fact that they are regening on practically every tick. So, unless you manage to land the killing blow on the right tick (has happened some times for me), they wont die. Still, kudos to you for this mod. Biggest mod I've everseen, and it also feels the most furnished.

Another quick note: mind if I make a vehicle addon using the unsed-starburner vehicle? I'll just borrow the sprites and the code for it, since im complete trash when it comes to making vehicles using lua. Also, I might also incorperate the unused USCM mech.

Edit: you made a vehicle addon 3 hours before i posted this.... [EXPLICIT]

Another Edit: rip the first mission.

Another edit (becaue im too lazy to make another post): please dont add the starburner and the unsm mech to your vehicles addon...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    soldierfast90 likes this.
  5. soldierfast90

Oh yeah you're pretty much right with the 20mm discrepancy. I'll see about it. There's a VERY good chance that it'll remain the same as it is for gameplay balancing purposes though (difference between a player-held weapon and a stationary enemy). Possibly.

Also for the unused starburner... Well you see you can't really take it, especially if it's ACTUALLY ALREADY USED FOR A BONUS MISSION. It's used for the Luftbrenner Bonus mission obtained at the end of Leeds City as a little arcade minigame. So no, don't you goddamn dare repost those vehicles or I will copypasta you to death and send my 4-man report squad after you kek.

Seriously though, don't. That's just reposting content from another mod. Of course I won't stop you from /admin and /spawnvehicle but don't bloody repost it goddamnit. Anyways thanks for the compliments on the mod.

EDIT: Also I removed the hp regen of the "Terror Hunters" as you've seen from the code in update v3.80. PATCH A just had to do with fixing the car sprites.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  6. Echo710

:'D got it kek

(even though i kinda edited the heck outa the starburner... got it kek).

Edit: pretty sure its okay for me to reverse engineer the heck outa your stuff.. right?

7. soldierfast90

Yeah you can reverse engineer the code except for the Tank vehicles, Field Cannon and Normal Car. That's code specifically from a co-dev and I don't think he'd like his code being ripped out before his own mod comes out beforehand.

8. Echo710

Time to make a hovertank by reverse engineering a plane...

Just a note on the realism of this mod: Why are the rebel forces using WWII weaponry in the Leeds City Campaign? They're a giant military force that can rival the protectorate/loyalist army, and their soldiers got WWII weapons? Are they really that poor... it seems like they're pretty well stocked on the money side to me. After all, i'm fairly certain that the colonized planets are aligned with the Rebs, because why else would they categorize you as a threat? Also, this is the space age. Ain't no one with WWII weapons gonna survive here. Also, I highly doubt that the Koala would stockpipe WWII weapons, unless he's comepletly out of them.

Another note: Hylotl mercs using human curse words? Pretty sure humanity's reach aint that far, doubt humans will ever cause that much of cultural diffusion.

9. soldierfast90

WW2 Replica type weaponry. Close enough.

Explaining their WW2 weaponry comes from a major failure in the Logistics of the Sol System reclamation due to Sol essentially being home system of the Protectorate aside from Wolf 359 being used as a staging ground by the Protectorate. The extreme fierce resistance from the Protectorate leads to convoys being shot (Protectorate has 20 more billion in manpower compared to the United Systems) and all that crap so well, you start cobbling the cheapest and most effective weaponry you can get for the daily thousands of new recruits from many hundred of independent systems now allied to the United Systems. Also because the United Systems needs a military threat to keep their society functioning since their whole society is based on militarism. Staring at the Miniknog isn't going to "motivate" potential enlisters.

Also so I could gameplay-wise encourage the use of dodge-based playstyles instead of the more common "tank all the damage" widely seen everywhere and so I could add in not-ww2-I-swear rifles. Flakturm Flayers probably makes more sense. Probably but hey, hand-made tanks.

As for The Koala eh he's only a weapons dealer. He gets the money and that's all that matters. All old junk but still functional.

Hylotl using human swears? Not every Hylotl is going to be born in a Hylotl-only environment and not every Floran is going to be primitive (Despite what the main game says anyways). I'm sure an Apex born in a human-oriented populace is going to be educated like a human more than anything else if it saves the local council the money for "specialized species education".

10. wolf warstorm

wolf warstorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

im confused. what is this mod about? the overview page didn't give me much and the descriptions here are not clear either.
    what does this mod add?
    I heard something about factions, so whos who and what is their motivation for doing things?
    can you join a faction?
    will this have compatibility issues with fracking universe?

11. soldierfast90

Let me show you the most important part.

And no, it's not incompatible with Frackin.

12. soldierfast90

13. soldierfast90

14. soldierfast90

15. soldierfast90

I have far more significant modding priorities.

I won't be categorizing my mod to fit into your mod's code. Sorry, but it just isn't worth my time. I've already got my hands tied with projects like mission-building.

16. soldierfast90

Contradictory statement, but whatever.

17. soldierfast90

Conflict? How so? I was not aware of any incompatibilities until you recently told me just now. I had set my priorities prior to my knowledge of it being even incompatible. Now that I'm aware, I will ask of you to send a log file of said incompatibilities or issues. Just parts of the code that either mod appears to have issues with. I cannot fix an issue without it being diagnosed and I currently do not have that time.

I have no personal problems with you or your mod/s, just to make it clear. Next time make the issue clear and state it outright.

18. soldierfast90

Items without a specified category id (item tag) are automatically set to the default slot (bag slot in vanilla). Category ID (item tag) such as " reagent" are for specific items that are reorganised into other slots. The actual "Category Name" is independent of any settings and simply flavor text, like the description.

You are still telling me to fix something without directing me to a piece of code to fix issues on your end.

I have 4 co-devs, 3 active playtesters and 13.9k subs on Steam. You are the only reported issue of non-pickupable objects and you have yet to bring me evidence of code issues.

19. soldierfast90

Ah shite I realize what you're on about now. Something about categories. Finally mate I understand what exactly you're on about. I'll get to those category id.

20. soldierfast90

Wait no nevermind. Bk3k already has them handled under the ".USE" section. lol I guess it's back to square one kek.