1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated United Systems Enhancement [0.25]

New dungeon, weapons, armors, furniture, craftable guns and even more.

1. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Alright, my port is in working condition! A lot of the weapon and armour statistics might be wonky or overpowered/underpowered right now, and some recipes or items may require or result in perfectly generic items. Please report anything that seems off, I'll fix things as I discover issues and as they are reported.

Once this is fully functional and balanced to the new tiers, I'll release it as a standalone mod. In the mean time, have fun!

EDIT: Deleted Attachment, see new post.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    CrimsonGiraffe likes this.
  2. Sketch2347

Sketch2347 Phantasmal Quasar

I can't wait!!!

3. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Okay, I have to confess, there were a number of issues with the old version of my port, so I removed the post. Notably, the colony itself wouldn't spawn with that build, and even if it did, there would have been a number of issues with it.

The current working version though, is near finished. The colony spawns and is fully functional. All objects can be spawned and work flawlessly (save a small few I'm working through). NPCs can be spawned, talked to, traded with, fought, and fight back. I'm even working on fixing some of the uncraftable objects that Ratman never finished. Not to mention making the human encounter microdungeon spawn at worldgen, adding betterdoors functionality to the colony doors, etc.

After my port is fully functional, I have some plans for where I could take this, including adding a friendly version of the USCM Bunker from the vanilla game. So hang tight, new version's on it's way!

HOWEVER, there is a problem. Ratman hasn't been on the forums since September, and while a quick google search reveals he has steam, I can't get in contact for permissions without him adding me. If anyone has him on steam, and also likes this mod, could you please forward a message for me? Without his permission I'm afraid the only place I can post my version of his mod is as an attachment to this thread, where unfortunately most people will probably miss it.

4. TheSilentObserver

TheSilentObserver Big Damn Hero

Back when I was playing Starbound more regularly, I actually used this mod as the basis for learning how to change the USCM bunker NPCs into non-hostile characters. It wasn't the most realistic thing in the world to just be able to walk into their bunker an have a friendly chat with the marines like there was nothing going on... but it made me feel much happier, as a human character, to have at least ONE place in the universe where I could be around my own kind. My USCM character was particularly glad to finally be able to walk through the halls of is own faction without being gunned down for no conceivable reason.

I never did figure out how to make the robots not-hostile... but I was hot on the trail of fixing it. Then steam auto-updated Starbound, despite being told explicitly never to do so, and I died a little inside.

5. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

I actually have friendly USCM bunkers working in my latest version of the mod, complete with friendly serpent bots. I still need to rewrite the bunker guards' dialogue (they're just using colony guard dialogue for now) and make some changes to the bunker to make it really feel like a cohesive location that your player should be able to explore, but the groundwork is there.

It probably won't be included in my next version though, I'm mostly trying to focus on fixing everything up with the colony objects so I can have a stable and working port to Upbeat Giraffe. It will have a few new things that I've mentioned though, like paintable tiles, colony lights that can be turned on&off via wiring, spawners for every type of colony NPC, and a few other little things.

What I really still need though is to get in contact with RaTmAn...

6. Adam Tracinya

Adam Tracinya Void-Bound Voyager

How do you install this.
    Also where do you find the villages

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  7. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Any chances to see this mod back up with the 1.0 Update ?

8. socom55

socom55 Void-Bound Voyager

9. johnbas16

johnbas16 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When will this mod be updated?

10. maxpowe99934

maxpowe99934 Void-Bound Voyager

se rompe el juego cuando intento jugarlo, alguien QUE ME DE UNA SOLUCION¡¡¡¡¡¡ QUIERO JUGARLO¡¡¡¡

11. xShinobix

xShinobix Orbital Explorer

Is This Still Gonna Work Tho Cause its outdated