Modding Help Unique Outpost NPC

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Webdings, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Webdings

Webdings Void-Bound Voyager

This is certainly a weird one: I'm making a fairly ambitious mod, and part of it is a quest given by an NPC. I'm trying to make the files to have a 'dungeon' NPC (like the story outpost NPCs, Nuru, Koichi, and the gang) that functions like the others do, the dungeon (or at least the NPC) only unlocking once certain universe flags are set, specifically the exact flag that causes Tonauac to appear. The problem with that is, I can't quite figure out how to set the json to appear only when the flag is set. I've looked at just about every file I can think of, but it's not really clear to me how to accomplish what I'm trying to do. This probably won't be the last time I ask for help with this mod, but I'm confident that it'll be worth it.

2. Webdings

Webdings Void-Bound Voyager

In case anyone else ends up finding this because they have the same problem, make a patch for the universeflags.config file. If you're looking for the original in the unpacked assets of the game, it's in the main folder, not any of the "dungeons," "tilesets," etc. subfolders. The fact that it's not in a subfolder is what screwed me up tbh