1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Unigue monsters

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yavor, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Hello everyone,

I have a question/suggestion mainly adressed towards the artists of Chucklefish. I wish to ask them whether, somewhere in the future, they would consider to add a feature for the unique biome monsters. Namely whether it would be possible a slight, and just cosmetic variation in the appearance of the unique monsters on different planets. Whether there may be a simple procedural generation for their body parts, or color, or anything, just entirely for their visual appearance. Perhaps a different color for a different planet, or a small variation in some parts, nothing too big, and perhaps, no change of the behavior or the attacks of the monsters, no changes in gameplay. I wish to ask if such an implementation would even be, or is, considered.
    I am quick to state that I am entirely content with the game as it is, and I will always be happy with it. I love so many of its aspects and content, but one of them stands out - namely the procedurally generated monsters. That is why I am asking this question for the unique monsters. It would simply make the game even a greater experience for me. (I have slowly evolved from a hoarder to a bio-collector :) )

Thank You for all of Your efforts and good luck!

Regards!

Yavor