1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED UniGen - Modular Universe Generation Overhaul 1.1

A more interesting universe

1. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, @thestrong, it is.

Although, if you're using Truespace, you may need to make a slight edit to the mod.

2. thestrong

thestrong Void-Bound Voyager

thanks a lot mate.Man this community is great,very kind and responsive

3. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

Using TrueSpace and followed the compatibility instructions on page 2; binary stars spawn, but I haven't seen anything else. Any reason why?

4. cez.exe

cez.exe Space Hobo

Hmm i use it with FU and it works

5. wildejackson

wildejackson Void-Bound Voyager

I only seem to be able to find rogue planets. No other systems form and the rogue planets only seem to form in big clusters together. I cannot figure out why they are the only planets to form.

6. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but apparently installing only the Rare System module (without any other modules or similar mods like TrueSpace) will make us stuck in the FTL jump forever.

Interestingly the universe.chunk in /storage/ folder keeps on increasing in file size while we're stuck... https://vid.me/wJzC
    And the Starbound RAM usage keeps getting larger... https://vid.me/JIVU

Seeing the starbound.log, it seems that the game is unsuccessfully trying to find a starting planet (lush planet with ancient gate). http://pastebin.com/UfP53gKu

Installing Rare System with UniGen Starclasses module or TrueSpace mod fixes the problem though, I just thought this might be worth mentioning.

7. HelloWorld1234

HelloWorld1234 Intergalactic Tourist

Hey :)

So, are there any plans to get "Larger Worlds and Diverse Gravity" running next to FU? It sounds like the one part of this mod that makes the real impact.

8. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

FU already has its own codes that make the worlds larger and have diverse gravity.

HelloWorld1234 likes this.
  9. HelloWorld1234

HelloWorld1234 Intergalactic Tourist

I see, thank you for the clarification!

10. ShinyKitten07

ShinyKitten07 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Discovered an odd bug using this mod (not using any other universe generation mods) where the only rare system type that would appear was the rogue planet. It was also incredibly common (these were everywhere) and none of the other systems would show up. I tried messing with the universe.config and swapping the accretion disk's number with the rogue planet's just to see what would change and then only accretion disks would appear. Is this intentional, or a bug?

11. Dominion V

Dominion V Void-Bound Voyager

Hey. I think I found an issue, On smaller planets with low grav, you get no fall damage whatsoever, which I think doesn't feel right with Starbound for some reason. I'm going to disable that module for now, but I'd like to know if it's hardcoded to be that way or if you're intending to change that in the future.

12. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Fall damage is triggered via how fast and how far you fall. Low gravity you never pick up enough speed in order to trigger fall damage.

this isn't a bug.

Toa_Derax and bk3k like this.
  13. Trek47

Trek47 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are there any plans to update this now that 1.3 is out on Stable? It's been one of my favorite mods and thus far I don't think it's exactly playing nice...

14. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

Request for permission to rework the minimum tiered threat to just add varied lush planets. i will also pm.

15. Antediluvia

Antediluvia Space Hobo

Hey, apparently star classification names and numbered threats aren't playing nice with 1.3. No matter what I try or how many times I regen my universe I still only have the vanilla star types and threat levels.

Trek47 likes this.
  16. Antediluvia

Antediluvia Space Hobo

I've also encountered this problem actually. There are two types of system types that cause the nav console to freeze up, and one of those types - if you fly to it - cause you to get stuck "in space" with a frozen nav console that wont reset and requires you to delete your universe to get yourself unstuck. However this is WITH having unigen starclass mod and truespace mod. The only way to keep it from happening is to remove rare systems completely.

17. Dukke

Dukke Void-Bound Voyager

New stars doesnt appears on FU. Is it only with me?

18. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

This mod (specifically, UniGen Star Systems) is incompatible with... either FU or... something.
    Wiped out my solar system, nulling a few weeks of work.
    Something about the large blue/red dwarfs not being able to allocate color...
    Also, Binary stars (this mod's version) don't display their star type when selected, and end up freezing the interface (not the game- a quick ESC fixes it), but they're still travallable. Not sure about anything else besides the Binary Stars, since I had yet to encounter them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  19. notanaccount2

notanaccount2 Big Damn Hero

Pity this mod was never updated for 1.3. Used to work just fine with FU too.

20. Capt_slowpoke

Capt_slowpoke Phantasmal Quasar

I tried out the Rare Systems module in 1.3, and while it doesn't crash the game, it does spawn completely empty systems that have no star or anything, and that you cannot leave once you jump to them. So it looks like that part at least is a no-go till somebody decides to post a patch or something for it.