OOC Unheard screams (ACCEPTING APPS)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jareix Cryvix, Mar 6, 2016.

?

So... What do you think?

1. Very positive

53.3%
  2. positive

33.3%
  3. neutral

13.3%
  4. negative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. very negative

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I certainly approve. I will switching characters as well.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Approve of what? Reboot or new story?

3. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Hrm... I would like to keep Miraa and Elsie if we do anything..... Maybe a....New story?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  4. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

I don't feel like i should sound a vote in since I wasn't participating in the old one but the canonical new story sounds awesome.

5. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Yeah, sorry, the new story.

6. Jareix Cryvix

It's not like you wouldn't be able to use your current characters in the new story. This is an interspecies team after all. Bunch of creatures from different races exploring an ancient civilization on the planet of a newly integrated civilization.
    Sounds a bit familiar, doesn't it @Relten...

critsarecool, Arra and HunterC1998 like this.
  7. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

Very familiar....
    You c9uld make it so that it's Salloks and Drozolians, Drozolians would make sense because of the cold weather.

8. Jareix Cryvix

They aren't not an option. It just takes place on Treiach is all.

9. HunterC1998

How's it coming?

10. Jareix Cryvix

Iffy... I'm still unsure of whether to reboot or start anew completely.
    On one hand, Untold's story in starbound leaves a lot of creative freedom provided by starbound's massive universe and lore. On the other hand, this would spread a lot of the story thing over wide berths with little proper bearing.

On the other-other hand, Untold stories from the depths of the Treiachian poles would be much more focused and would be an excellent chance for me to develop my races' deeper and darker lores and secrets. On the other-other-other hand, this focus might be creatively limiting as I'll be restricted to a smaller area of roleplay with much more solitude than previously given in game. It would also make it difficult to introduce new players considering the situation and environment this would take place in...

Arra and HunterC1998 like this.
  11. HunterC1998

So it boils down to a massive yet vain RP with more freedom and ease or a more confined RP with more precise, if creatively strangling borders?

12. Jareix Cryvix

Well, creatively limited, but certainly not strangling. Both are equally exciting, but it all comes to a matter of Quantity v. Quality...

HunterC1998 likes this.
  13. HunterC1998

Would the attribute system be scrapped if we went with the new idea or will it remain the same either way?

14. Jareix Cryvix

It may... Though I might put more of an emphasis on perks based on said stats as opposed to raw stats... Sort of like how Fallout 4 does it....

HunterC1998 likes this.
  15. HunterC1998

That sounds like a nice idea, instead of a roll on a whole stat and everything that lands in its area, it will let for experts on specific traits..

16. Jareix Cryvix

Indeed. Specializations will also provide boosts and specific perks, such as how @Arra does it in his roleplay.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  17. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

Like, for example, Artyom would have a marksman trait, because he would have high perception. You wouldn't have a Melee character with a trait for firing guns. It would allow for each character to be more specialized.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  18. Jareix Cryvix

Exactly. However, since you don't specify a proficiency in melee, it's all left up to chance. Which is low by default.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  19. HunterC1998

Making what each person offers much more valuable.

20. Jareix Cryvix

And considering you'd be a member of a research team, where members are hard to replace, death will be a lot less of an inconvenience, and more of a crippling hazard...