1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Unfavorable choice of a word

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by matthias2000123, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthias2000123

matthias2000123 Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

When you first get a quest from S.A.I.L., it says "world", but it should rather say "planet", because it's not exactly the same thing:
    A world is more like the situation of a large area, some might consider our planet (earth) has three worlds and some might say the whole universe is just one world. A world is an imaginary thing.
    A planet though is a real object, which has orbits etc.

So I would be pleased if it said "planet" instead of "world".

EDIT: I noticed that the term "world" is used way more often than I thought, please replace it with "planet".

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  2. Warget

Warget Giant Laser Beams

By your avatar choise I thought you'll be completely raging. :rofl:
    But seriusly. I don't think the problem is THIS big. In many SiFi universes the planest being called "Worlds". Warhammer 40 000 as an example.

3. Skelozard1

Skelozard1 Phantasmal Quasar

I've never understood the difference between "planet" and "world" until now so thanks xD

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

World is a social cultural representation of a planet.
    So any planet which supports life or has cultural or social significance can be deemed a "World".

5. matthias2000123

matthias2000123 Void-Bound Voyager

Fixed it! :D

6. Spoon Boy

Spoon Boy Phantasmal Quasar

An interesting thing. In Dragon Ball Super, it's recently detailed there are multiple universes, and the creator of them can wipe them out instantly.
    He could even, if he wanted, "destroy the entire world."
    At first that really irked me but as it's been used repeatedly of recent to describe multiverses or the like, apparently I've been thinking of the word a bit too strictly in terms of what it meant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.