1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Underwater worlds.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Alaizia Darkstar, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sounds cool

2. yes mr gillian person. :rofl:

YoungUnicorn likes this.
  3. Nate the Great

Nate the Great Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe a race that lives inside glass domes underwater?

The surface ain't no place for a squirrel.

4. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

Underwater Worlds...
    [​IMG]

I like the way you think, son.

GiantSquid likes this.
  5. Lugubrious

Lugubrious Scruffy Nerf-Herder

boss: SPONGEBOB

6. Giant Squid

Giant Squid Zero Gravity Genie

A world covered in water and filled with Squid people. That's MY kind of world.

Soprano likes this.
  7. YAY squid people

thier so WIGGGGLLLLLLYYYY

8. Soprano

Soprano Pangalactic Porcupine

With the massive amount of content they are going to add, I'd say this is a possibility. If they make an underwater race then this will probably happen.

9. The Enlightened Grue

How about amphibious?
    I can think of 2 perfect examples in the Suggestions department :poptop:
    *smooth and subtle promoting*

GiantSquid likes this.
  10. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

How would that even work as a biome? Would you just be walking and all of a sudden you are underwater?

11. Giant Squid

Giant Squid Zero Gravity Genie

Well, I might imagine there may be a few small islands on water worlds, to allow landing/departure, and areas to build small bases, but the majority of the world would be water down the the ocean floors. Various plants like seaweeds and coral could be found, an various fish/crustaceans could be found as both docile creatures and monsters. Also, Squid people. :3
    Not sure if building entire worlds of water would be plausible however. Has diving equipment which enables underwater breathing been confirmed yet? Not to mention the common problem in video games where excess amounts of certain materials that take up a lot of computer power (liquids often being one of them) and make things laggy. Not sure how hard a computer would have to work to maintain so much water on/off screen, which from what we have seen have some complex physics... I'm no computer engineer, but I have noticed problems like that in other games.

Nonetheless, aquatic worlds would make me a happy squid.

12. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

nope, more like the glowing mushroom mini biome of terraria but then a bit bigger = walk around and then see a deep lake or something

13. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking after I posted it. That there would be a really big lake and the only way to get across it would be either to make a really long platform section or swim (yes there will be swimming in this game if you didn't see the water demo). I think it would be cool to make a house in the middle of the biome.

14. ThatAmazingPerson

ThatAmazingPerson Existential Complex

I like this idea. Maybe make a house on the island for a break from fighting and exploring all the time? :D

ThrehserMaw likes this.
  15. The Enlightened Grue

Underwater Caves, too?
    Oh god, is anyone else getting Flash Backs to Star Wars: The Phantom Menace?

16. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

Well, there was underwater caves in Terraria (most likely not the ones you're picturing).

Dementia likes this.
  17. Marokutai

Marokutai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You made me excited, but now I want this excitement to go away so it doesn't ruin it for me if there isn't underwater like that :/

The Enlightened Grue likes this.
  18. The Enlightened Grue

I'm talking like the Phantom Menace scene where Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and *shudder* Jar Jar have got to take the Tribubble Bongo through the "Planet Core", and encounter all the massive underwater monsters (like this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Opee_sea_killer )

Seriously, does nobody else remember this? I mean, I know the "Prequels" aren't true fan-favorites by any means, but come on...

Dementia likes this.
  19. Marokutai

Marokutai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

even worse, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sando_aqua_monster :D

20. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

Was that the first one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.