Undertale

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zetlin97, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

They are... but their soul/spirit is obviously still lingering around and is capable of possessing people (which is what happens to your character in a genocide run even before the end of the game).

Ever noticed how near the end of the genocide run when you get into New Home, where some text is in Red? That's not you talking. It's the Fallen Child.

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh I was aware of all that, I thought you meant they were alive and kicking... well I think the only reason they posses the player is because they have the same soul colour, and are almost identical... a "reincarnation" of sorts

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Perhaps... but still, he's still floating around just waiting for somebody evil to come by to possess again, even in the Golden Ending. I wish Toby woulda given us a way to put a stop to it once and for all.

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

A human versus the fallen human kind of ending? I like the idea but I dont think he should do it, endings should never be perfect, its just "perfect enought" and thats the beauty/pain of it

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Meh I suppose, lol. All things considered, the golden ending was quite good. The whole theme of the game is so unique, too.

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Best send off to a great story

7. Chris1488

Chris1488 Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe if Toby ever gets around to finishing 'hard mode', there should be a chara v frisk battle if you do the genocide run, maybe (SPOILERS)

getting your soul back in the process?

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hmmm. I'm thinking a Post-Genocide Run. Do a Hardmode Genocide Run, then do Hardmode Pacifist Run, and do Golden Ending and said ending plays out as normal, except where the red "THE END" appears (and/or that photo), you instead get a small playable Epilogue where Chara attempts to take over and Frisk attempts to fight him/her/it off in a battle that would make Sans proud. Obviously there should be a save point so you don't have to sit through the entire Golden Ending all over again.

If you win, you get "THE" Ultimate Ending where the threat of Chara is ended forever.

And you don't win by violence, obviously. You should win by making Chara regret his/her actions, and eventually Chara is overwhelmed with guilt and decides to leave the world for good.

Chris1488 likes this.
  9. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

That reminds me of this game... I cant remember, but you had to play normal mode, then hard mode to experience more of the story, THEN you had to run a harder mode which unlocks a few extra things (that were super hidden) which ultimately led to the "golden ending"

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I'm sure a lot of games do that, lol. It's either optional bosses you can only fight in higher difficulties, or small pieces of "wrap up" story that you can only get if you do that.

11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

yeah, I think Undertale would do it right with the whole "game remembers everything you ve done" thing, still... im not sure if it should happen

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I dunno. I could see the awesome in it. Imagine Sans, Hardmode.... dude, that would be something. I'm a big fan of the EarnYourHappyEnding trope.

Phaena and Corraidhín like this.
  13. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Sans boss fight in pacifist mode... Ill die happy when that happens

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

What would be the point in fighting Sans in pacifist, though....? That... just doesn't make sense for Sans to fight you in a pacifist run. He's lazy, he doesn't care about anything in the world (until something endangers it entirely, then he stands up to stop you)... so why would he fight you unless you posed a threat (which you obviously wouldn't do in a pacifist run)?

15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

and thus his boss fight doesnt exist xD and that sucks! maybe a pun battle... idk, a "test" which is actually his boss fight to test your mettle, sort of what Toriel did with you in the RUINS...

16. Chris1488

I found this thing lying around

Phaena and Brassqund like this.
  17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Looks like modified assets

18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

This image makes me realize how hilarious would it be to have Gaster IN the game... like a recurring spook of sorts[​IMG]

Phaena and Apathy Applied like this.
  19. Chris1488

yeah, it's fake, it would be cool if it was real tho :p

Corraidhín likes this.
  20. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Guys. I've figured what that thing in sans' basement is.
    IT A TEM MACHIEN
    [​IMG]