1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Underground Chocolate Biome Techest fix

An underground spawning biome made completely of chocolate!

1. Xentor Antarix

Xentor Antarix Ketchup Robot

I hope this Mod will be kept working when the new Gameversion comes.
    I love it so mutch (I use your mod ever to replace the gross Felsh biom).
    Why not ask The Gmepeople to take it in the game like they did with the Skyrail?
    It is real very very good work.

DoomFire likes this.
  2. DoomFire

DoomFire Existential Complex

Thank you!
    It's been awhile since I've done any modding, because of my small team dissolving.
    But I hope to update this, and try my hand at some new mods when the next update is released.

3. dero999

dero999 Big Damn Hero

I get this error:
    Error: Exception raised during Root finishInitialization: VariantException: Variant not a list of size 4 in variantToVec4B
    variantToVec4B(Variant)
    LiquidsDatabase::load()
    Root::reload()
    _Function_handler<void (), _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()> >::(_Any_data)
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Can it be caused by incompatibilitywith other mods?

I'd really like to try this one, it looks awesome:)

OK, i think i've found the problem. There's incompatibility with Variety in spice of the Universe mod. Any suggestions to use them both?:)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  4. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

It is a liquid conflict. When there are two mods that adds liquids, it's a crash. The only way to make them work together is a compatibility patch.

5. Xentor Antarix

Sooo, hmmm hope now after the main update is more or less done (the stable will not differ mutch I guess) we get this soon to work again too :)

6. DoomFire

Wait it doesn't work?
    Or are you saying that you're hoping that I'll make this compatible with the new update?
    I'm definitely going to update this after the next main Starbound update is pushed to the stable branch. But I haven't done any modding for a long time so it might take me a little while.
    But I will definitely update it!

7. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks to the new patch system and the new structures introduced in this final version of Starbound, your mod will finally be compatible with the others. :)

DoomFire likes this.
  8. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

If you are not going to include any new features in the next update, I could update it for you, put it in my biome mod for upbeat giraffe (extra biomes) and of course give you the credit for the biome in the mod page and in starbound (maybe a chocolate sign with your name in it found in the chocolate biome) if you are intersted?

DoomFire likes this.
  9. DoomFire

Well, while I am very happy for you to add my biome into your mod (With credits of course.) I might actually be updating it in the future. ^ - ^
    My only current idea is a biome specific monster and a few small microdungeons ( As well as perhaps the inclusion of a few more crafting recipes. )

But you're very welcome to add the mod as it currently is into your mod as well as updated versions in the future! ^ - ^ Thank you for taking interest.

Edit: Also, super duper sorry for the late reply. > u < I was a little busy. > ~ >

10. AlexQuinn13

AlexQuinn13 Pangalactic Porcupine

Still love this idea. Would love to have it work with the newest version of the game!

11. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

Actually im not working on my mod anymore. It will probably be merged with fracking flora

12. Xentor Antarix

can not simple say somoene how to make it combatible than I do it.

13. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

It's quite a lot of work actually.

14. DoomFire

It will! Gonna work on an update when I get home on Friday. I'll start off by just making it compatible, hopefully the new patch thing actually works for underground detached biomes. > - >
    But I will definitely make it compatible again! ^ - ^

AlexQuinn13 likes this.
  15. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal

It does. Sayter made quite a lot of work converting Frackin' Flora to the stable version (it's still a WIP), and worlds now properly work from surface to core. The structure and organization is quite different, thought.

DoomFire likes this.
  16. DoomFire

Yeah I was just taking a look at it, hopefully it wont take me too long and I'll be able to upload what I've done when I get home. Though I'll actually probably be removing and replacing a thing or two for the moment, for example the biome crop, considering they added coffee beans... I'll have to think of another crop to replace it. > - >
    Also probably changing biome liquid for coffee, considering it's kinda exactly what the current liquid is. ^ ~ ^

Anyway I'll figure out more of the details soon, but it shouldn't be long until it's up to date again, and fully compatible with other biome mods for the first time. ^ - ^

17. Xentor Antarix

I suggest you better to make the liquid milk
    Coffee we have yet.
    Mllk has no natural source ingame.

DoomFire likes this.
  18. AlexQuinn13

AlexQuinn13 Pangalactic Porcupine

How about coco beans for the plant and chocolate for the liquid?

DoomFire likes this.
  19. DoomFire

Both things I have considered. I am kinda leaning towards the liquid chocolate idea. I want to make it look really thick and sludgy and make it slow you down, and possibly use it in some crafting recipes.
    Though, I could honestly have both. Because I understand that many of the crafting recipes use milk

20. Inny

Inny Cosmic Narwhal