1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Under the Outpost

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MysticMalevolence, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Squidbit

Squidbit Void-Bound Voyager

It's the thing you use to choose what planet to fly to

2. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

The scanner exists, but it doesn't detect quests.

3. poboy

poboy Void-Bound Voyager

Ah ok; I thought I missed something bigger. As Tiy wrote (3rd from the top), the Planet Scanner should offer up more data: like planet occupants/dungeons.
    This is already a good sign of potential quests but if the scanner would also have '!' and '?' to mark quests, that would be indeed very nice.
    I am also trying to figure out - here - if modding would allow for a more detailed scanner.

4. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

At the same time it shouldent give you too much data. People want to explore for a reason.

In my humble opinion it shouldent give any details.

Perhaps just "Signs of inhabitation" if theres a village of any type on it.

And "Underground structures detected" for dungeons or similiar (without saying what kind or how many).

And even that info should be a upgrade to the scanner and not something it has right away.

Darklight likes this.
  5. poboy

poboy Void-Bound Voyager

Possible planet scanner upgrades:
    0- Tells you nothing.
    1- Adds not very useful things (eg: size, day length)
    2- Adds what it tells you now (as of Upbeat Giraffe): main biome, planet type (hot/ cold/ radiation/ no air)
    3- Adds IF there are any major structures (villages, dungeons)
    4- Adds how many structures of each type

These could be written to tech cards that you have to find (on planet, in quests), much like the pulse jump tech.
    Each player could then decide which card they want to use.

6. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Very good find! Cool :D

7. MysticMalevolence

So, the update came out... anyone find any new secret quests since then?

...Also, this thread is mainly being bumped so that returning players can see it.

8. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good stuff, i ran to the edge on both sides and took it at face value.

9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Sounds cool! Also, how do you get rocket boots? I want to go check this out, but I don't have any way to get down there without dying.

10. redandgreen43

redandgreen43 Lucky Number 13

Hm. You know, if there's things like this in an asteroid belt, imagine what you could find on planets if you looked hard enough... Maybe a hobo. But that's wishful thinking.

11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I found a hobo once. It was actually my friend sitting in a box, but that doesn't matter.
    Before the stable update, I found an underground Avian tomb. It was a small, rectangular box with a bunch of pots. There was nobody inside it. I thought that was pretty cool.

12. SnowFox1

SnowFox1 Void-Bound Voyager

this see like side quest

13. Felwynn

Felwynn Void-Bound Voyager

I was exploring the Outpost today prior to reading this and found this dude. I only saw him for a split second before he walked off the edge and fell into space. Kind of sad that I didn't get to do his quest before he died.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Now we need a random pirate-dressed quest giver on the bottom of ocean planets!

... or just VERY far up in the outpost!

15. newtonsolo313

newtonsolo313 Void-Bound Voyager

This has actually been known for a really long time (probably like 5 minutes after they added the quest) it is on the official wiki

Kashmir and MysticMalevolence like this.
  16. MysticMalevolence

May want to check the timestamp on that post, mate.
    EvilDylan182,Dec 28, 2014
    I made it a few days after the outpost update, and initially discovered it the day of the update.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    The Squid likes this.
  17. JessethePart-TimeFloran

JessethePart-TimeFloran Intergalactic Tourist

I managed to complete it with no rocket boots- I used a grappling gun and gravity bubble, although I did fall into the void twice >~<

18. KatherineOfSky

KatherineOfSky Big Damn Hero

Oh my! I did it on the first go with just a grappling hook. You can easily swing underneath like tarzan :)

19. MysticMalevolence

Getting there is normally more entertaining than the quest :p.

The Squid, Hel and KatherineOfSky like this.
  20. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

The guy under the outpost is clearly A statanist, he will kill everyone we love at the outpost as sacrifices to Lucifer! We have to stop him!