1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Under powered Items (IMO)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spamster, May 25, 2013.

1. Spamster

Spamster Poptop Tamer

My favourite part about RoR is collecting and stacking as many items as possible in order to survive. Some of them items are quite fun as well, like the jet pack. I once had 3 jet packs as a miner, and if you time the to the stars ability right with a jump, you go pretty high. Combine that with jet packs, and you go flying. I'm not even gonna say what happens if you combine all that with a geyser. But anyway, back to the point.

A few of the items just start feeling useless late game. The key ones for me are life savings, and the hit list. I have seen several people mention that life savings is pretty useless late game, but the reason I put the hit list up here is because, in my experience, it always marks an elemental with a triple health bar or something, and only very very very rarely do you kill a marked enemy. To add insult to injury, I am usually already on full health when I kill a marked enemy. Any suggestions you guys have for these, or other items?

• Reciful

Reciful Orbital Explorer

The Hit List is supposedly going to be changed to something like granting a permanent damage boost instead of healing you to full. Though I'd like the mark to stay on mobs longer than it does now.

Life Savings is T1, so it makes sense that it's kind of weak.

In my opinion, some of the weakest items are Bustling Fungus (seriously, when are you going to get to stand still without attacking?) and the Toxic Worm. I'd prefer it if Bustling Fungus actually did what it said and healed you when standing still, not just when attacking, and I'd also like Toxic Worm to attach to mobs longer and bounce to other mobs regardless of what killed it (as it is right now, its only strength is in bouncing to other mobs, but that's only achieved via its very minimal poison damage.)

• Spamster

Spamster Poptop Tamer

Well, if the hit list is being changed then I'm glad. I suppose you're right about life savings though but I quite like bustling fungus, simply because of the sheer amount of healing it provides at a very rapid rate, even if you only stand still for like 4 seconds it's usually worth it. I agree with you about the toxic worm though. It is severely under powered.