1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Unable to Upgrade Matter Manipulator?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by pointyfoxears, Mar 9, 2017.

1. pointyfoxears

pointyfoxears Orbital Explorer

I'm not sure what went wrong here. I have more manipulator modules than the upgrades require, and I've completed all the tutorial quests. I also uninstalled all the mods I'd been using. I've also been able to upgrade the manipulator in the past, as evidenced in the provided screenshot. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? :'^|

Attached Files:

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

you need to do the first upgrade first, then you can upgrade the one you have selected
    srry didn't realize you already did

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your log. It seems that the script for the manipulator interface is failing.

~ Iris ~

4. pointyfoxears

Thanks Iris, but I am a total noob and do not know where my log is. How do I get to it?

5. Nexus Of Chaos

if you go to <your starbound folder>/storage, it's titled starbound.log or starbound.log.# depending on how many times you launched Starbound after this bug.

Warning: Starbound may have deleted the log if you reran starbound too many times

Iris Blanche likes this.
  6. Iris Blanche

starbound.log is always the latest (can appear as "starbound" only when fileextensions are hidden). starbound.log.# is from the sessions before (up to 5)

~ Iris ~

7. pointyfoxears

Here it is!

Attached Files:

8. Iris Blanche

The log only shows that you opened and closed the game. I need the log from the session where it happened.

~ Iris ~

9. pointyfoxears

Sorry about that. I just went and tried it again so this log should be correct.

Attached Files:

10. Nexus Of Chaos

if i wasn't at school i would read it, but bc im at school, I'll leave it to iris

it looks like the log is not reading any errors related to this. try copying the player and universe folders in the same folder as the log somewhere else, then do a clean install and move the player and universe folders back in

Warning: not moving the player and universe files will result in losing your saves and making the bug related to these files invalid unless the bug continues to happen

are you still having a problem?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2017
  11. Iris Blanche

Whoa :eek: please avoid double/triple-posting like this.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

12. pointyfoxears

@NexusTheBrony

I did as you said, but the problem is persisting. :^(

13. pointyfoxears

Nevermind, everything's ok now. Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help!