1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Unable to set beta opt-in status

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Monijir, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay I just woke up and looked over this again since the problem is still persisting.

I checked the database again and while the dev's added the new application to the fourpack package (35430). It still wasn't added to the gift package (35429) . So, Glub is the problem corrected for you? Anyway here are are the links to the steam database it should show the problem pretty clearly.

https://steamdb.info/sub/35429/

https://steamdb.info/sub/35430/

2. Glub

Glub Aquatic Astronaut

Nope, problem still persists.

3. Hyomoto

Hyomoto Void-Bound Voyager

Well, after doing some leg work I can confirm I have subID 35429 which, as Monijir reported, does not have the unstable app added to it.

] licenses_for_app 211820
    License packageID 35429:
    - State : Active( flags 512 ) - Purchased : Thu Dec 05 21: 36:55 2013 in "NZ", Guest Pass
    - Apps : 211820, (1 in total)
    - Depots : 211821, (1 in total)

This seems mightily more complex than it should be, but let's get a little visibility here. I guess if someone buys you the game, but it wasn't part of the four pack you get this subID? In any case, these are the folk who are left out in the cold on the new change.

Monijir likes this.
  4. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Did you guys have the game gifted to you or did you buy a gift copy and use it for yourself? I bought a copy from a four pack and sold the other three, no errors for me.

All in all, though, this is an issue with Steam itself, not Starbound.

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Sold? Through steam or to people you know and could collect from?

6. Monijir

Flying Anonymoose:
    The former; The game was gifted to me.

7. Farin

Farin Space Hobo

The game was also gifted to me from a friend to me and my girlfriend via four pack and we both can't access either the unstable and nightly, is there a fix?

8. ycfc

ycfc Void-Bound Voyager

Same issue here. Also a gift copy

9. Monijir

Farin: There's no fix I'm sorry. As far as steam is concerned we don't own the unstable version.

10. Farin

Farin Space Hobo

I really don't think it's an issue with steam, and even if it were, the steam support sends you straight back over here, this is a paid for game and i feel that just passing the buck doesn't really cut it for support, i'm not getting the complete game which has been paid for so i feel like the mods should take it a bit more seriously then blaming a multi million/billion dollar corporation like steam. :/ i love starbound and i'd like to have the full experience and not be sent back and forth for an issue i didn't create.

11. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

@Monijir told / asked the devs about the issue in IRC. What did they say?

12. Farin

Farin Space Hobo

good to know the issue is being brought up with the devs, hopefully it will be resolved sooner then later, i keep seeing lots of awesome stuff on reddit and would like to try it out myself.

13. leracos

leracos Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd like to weigh in here briefly and state that I am having the same issue. Traded as a gift copy from someone else's inventory. Single game only, not the four pack. Running Win7 x64. My purchase/licensing history does not include the unstable version, and I have no option to opt-in through stable. -If we were to use the previous opt-in password for the nightly builds, would it add it again as a separate branch in our libraries, I wonder?-

Edit: Scratch that, there was no password. That's not gonna work.

14. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

We're not blaming Steam, we're simply stating that its a possibility. Just because they're a huge company doesn't mean they can't make mistakes (Look at paid mods, for example).

What does Steam support say when they send you back here? This is the first I've heard of that happening.

Farin likes this.
  15. Monijir

May 5, 2015 – 10:18:16 UTC
    We've got it. Everyone else good?
    Who wants to start a server to celebrate?

nimmerland likes this.
  16. Farin

Farin Space Hobo

If you go through the steam support and it has something to do with non-valve created game they send you to the support of the creators, i.e here. Paid mods was so bad Gaben himself showed up on reddit and within a couple days it was gone, it was a TERRIBLE idea you are right.

Unstable is in my library! that was fast! cheers! :D

17. Glub

Glub Aquatic Astronaut

Unstable is in my library too, I think the problem is resolved.

18. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Looks like the Starbound - Unstable Application was added to the Starbound Gift. You should now have access to the Unstable and Nightly versions of the game.

Closing as resolved. (If you're still having this issue, please report the first post and ask for the thread to be re-opened.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.