1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Bug/Issue Unable to post resource updates

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by Fevix, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I've been trying since yesterday to post an update to the Avali (Triage) mod, but every time I'm met with the same exact thing: Nothing.
    I get no error, no message saying unable to process, NOTHING. So naturally I think it went through, but then I go and check on the mod and lo and behold, it didn't actually go through.

I initially thought this was a temporary thing, but trying again a few minutes ago yielded the exact same results: No error message or anything, but still no posted update.

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Are you incrementing your version string? It won't accept a new file if you don't change the version string (no warning either).

If you still can't get it to upload, then for now you can link to https://github.com/Fevix/Avali/releases/latest which will always show the latest release notes with the download button below.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
  3. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Current version is, as visible on triage, 2.4.0. I've tries 2.4.1, 2.4.2, 2.4.3, and even 2.5.0. None have allowed me to post.
    I've posted an in-thread update, but this doesn't really notify all users of the new update.

4. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Can confirm that it doesn't post an update at all, even when using an external link instead of trying to upload a file. File upload fails silently as well (I also tried to upload it to a newly-created test mod/resource and it failed there as well). I didn't try putting in an external link right off the bat (without trying an upload first), perhaps you might have some luck doing that just to get some kind of updated link there.

I also cannot upload a 7.7MB file to a test mod/resource either (the limit says 10MB) so it seems the server is blocking uploads at a smaller size than that. I was able to post a download link (instead of an attachment) when I didn't try to upload anything first.

@Ordona or @mollygos will have to look into it as it appears to be something with the server configuration.

5. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I tried when I first started the triage to upload the mod directly, but was instantly hit with a "File size too large" and thus have, since day 1, been using external links (Which is what I was trying to update with).

6. Dunto

Dunto Guest

GitHub supports using the "latest" tag to point to release notes, but not an actual release download, sadly. One option you could try (whenever the update thing gets fixed) is to make a new branch named "Release" or similar and simply move it to your latest release commit each time a new release comes out (or use a "develop" branch and use "master" for releases). Since GitHub has a way to link/download a specific branch, this way you could have a static link (to the automatic zip for that branch) that will always give the downloader the latest release version of the mod (you can also do it for a beta branch as well if you chose to). You could also use the "latest" link above to always link to the latest release notes.

Not a solution for the current issue, but may make things a bit easier in the future. Up to you.

7. This should be working again!

8. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Nope, still unable to post update.

9. Well, crap! Let me poke someone about this.

10. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Thanks, that worked!