1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help unable to play multiplayer with friends

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Mt009, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Mt009

Mt009 Space Hobo

I bought the game solely for multiplayer and it has been three days I am trying to work it out and I can say it is a nightmare.
    the game was bought via steam, so whenver i try to join via steam server, the game serverly lags and freezes for along time I cannot even close steam when it freezes. it is unbearable. but if I wait for like 5 mins it settles down a bit the lag is still very bad. and when I teleport it stayes in the teleport screen forever.

I tried Hamachi, it worked but we were having horrible lag like 5 second lag.

single players works fine for all party. I am using WIN10, steam and the game is up to date. internet is 10 mbps. running various games like COD & Fortnite without any lag. the ping is usually 40 at best it can reach 30. all party are from the same country. as for the recommended specs all parties exceed the recommended specs.

please any tips or guide I would appreciate it.
    let me know if you need the starbound logs.
    my feeling so far; this is the most game I wanted to play with friends and the most disappointed game I bought so far this year.