1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Unable to name horse

Discussion in 'Support' started by TellyGaga, Jan 2, 2019.

1. TellyGaga

TellyGaga Intergalactic Tourist

I am unsure if this has been posted before. I built a stable and it is now completed with the horse. The issue I am having is I was never given an option to name my horse. I clicked on my horse and all it did was let me ride the horse. In the player menu I do not have a picture of my horse next to where I have a picture and a name of my dog. Is this a known issue? How do I fix this? This is on PC. Latest version no mods currently enabled.

• TellyGaga

TellyGaga Intergalactic Tourist

<NPC xsi:type="Horse"><name /><isEmoting>false</isEmoting><isCharging>false</isCharging><willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot>false</willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot><isGlowing>false</isGlowing><coloredBorder>false</coloredBorder><flip>false</flip><drawOnTop>false</drawOnTop><faceTowardFarmer>false</faceTowardFarmer><ignoreMovementAnimation>false</ignoreMovementAnimation><faceAwayFromFarmer>false</faceAwayFromFarmer><scale><float>1</float></scale><timeBeforeAIMovementAgain>0</timeBeforeAIMovementAgain><glowingTransparency>0</glowingTransparency><glowRate>0</glowRate><Position><X>4800</X><Y>896</Y></Position><Speed>2</Speed><FacingDirection>3</FacingDirection><IsEmoting>false</IsEmoting><CurrentEmote>0</CurrentEmote><Scale>1</Scale><daysAfterLastBirth>-1</daysAfterLastBirth><birthday_Day>0</birthday_Day><age>0</age><manners>0</manners><socialAnxiety>0</socialAnxiety><optimism>0</optimism><gender>0</gender><isInvisible>false</isInvisible><datingFarmer>false</datingFarmer><divorcedFromFarmer>false</divorcedFromFarmer><datable>false</datable><id>-1</id><homeRegion>0</homeRegion><followSchedule>true</followSchedule><moveTowardPlayerThreshold>0</moveTowardPlayerThreshold><DefaultFacingDirection>0</DefaultFacingDirection><DefaultPosition><X>0</X><Y>0</Y></DefaultPosition><IsWalkingInSquare>false</IsWalkingInSquare><IsWalkingTowardPlayer>false</IsWalkingTowardPlayer><hat><category>-95</category><name>Santa Hat</name><specialItem>false</specialItem><hasBeenInInventory>false</hasBeenInInventory><SpecialVariable>0</SpecialVariable><DisplayName>Santa Hat</DisplayName><Name>Santa Hat</Name><Stack>1</Stack><which>25</which><skipHairDraw>false</skipHairDraw><ignoreHairstyleOffset>true</ignoreHairstyleOffset></hat><HorseId>3634f452-6c88-4be9-93e9-572be5c13760</HorseId></NPC><NPC xsi:type="Dog"><name>Snowball</name><isEmoting>false</isEmoting><isCharging>false</isCharging><willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot>false</willDestroyObjectsUnderfoot><isGlowing>false</isGlowing><coloredBorder>false</coloredBorder><flip>false</flip><drawOnTop>false</drawOnTop><faceTowardFarmer>false</faceTowardFarmer><ignoreMovementAnimation>false</ignoreMovementAnimation><faceAwayFromFarmer>false</faceAwayFromFarmer><scale><float>1</float></scale><timeBeforeAIMovementAgain>0</timeBeforeAIMovementAgain><glowingTransparency>0</glowingTransparency><glowRate>0</glowRate><Position><X>3392</X><Y>512</Y></Position><Speed>2</Speed><FacingDirection>2</FacingDirection><IsEmoting>false</IsEmoting><CurrentEmote>24</CurrentEmote><Scale>1</Scale><daysAfterLastBirth>-1</daysAfterLastBirth><birthday_Day>0</birthday_Day><age>0</age><manners>0</manners><socialAnxiety>0</socialAnxiety><optimism>0</optimism><gender>0</gender><isInvisible>false</isInvisible><datingFarmer>false</datingFarmer><divorcedFromFarmer>false</divorcedFromFarmer><datable>false</datable><id>-1</id><homeRegion>0</homeRegion><followSchedule>true</followSchedule><moveTowardPlayerThreshold>0</moveTowardPlayerThreshold><DefaultFacingDirection>0</DefaultFacingDirection><DefaultPosition><X>3456</X><Y>512</Y></DefaultPosition><IsWalkingInSquare>false</IsWalkingInSquare><IsWalkingTowardPlayer>false</IsWalkingTowardPlayer><friendshipTowardFarmer>654</friendshipTowardFarmer><CurrentBehavior>1</CurrentBehavior></NPC> That is the string of text for my horse. It looks like the name text got broken somehow? Is this a bug that happens often?