1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Unable to Launch (neither x32 or x64)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by GenoMech, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

My unstable build is unable to launch for either option

x32 launcher just flashes on screen once and does not execute

x64 launcher loads past the chucklefish logo, and after the first cycle of the loading bar, It then also gives an error message and fails to execute.

Now I did try to use pastebin to post my error data for starbound.log ......i have no starbound.log, i only have the ones with a numerical value that it said not to use.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

3. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

no thats options has always been enabled

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  4. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

So you can see the file extensions?

5. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

I am able to see file extensions, no files are hidden

However, it is possible its labelled something else, because I see 2 files labelled just "starbound" within the giraffe folder, one which is a TEXT Document, the other is a XML Configuration File. Could it be one of those?

6. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

The "text" document should have a .log extension. Windows automatically applies notepad to that extension.

7. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

8. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

Could you also throw in the 64 bit log? This log simply states "Renderer destroyed" every time it's initialized. Maybe the 64 bit one sheds more light.

9. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

10. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

Soooo any takes, or am I on my own on this one x.x

11. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Oddly, I too am having this issue on one of my computers. the 32bit version jusr flashes the window open then closed immediatly, and nothing in the logs. They aren't even updated from the previous time.

12. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

So far, tried reinstalling, removing the giraffe folders, switching between the two, or running as admin, not a thing, as a matter of fact a few of the files in folder haven't been updated since 4/7 though others as of 4/12 tody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.