1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Unable to Launch Client AND Server

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by CivilizedSin, Jul 23, 2016.

1. CivilizedSin

CivilizedSin Void-Bound Voyager

Hey all!

Strange issue I seem to be encountering since 1.0 has been released. I seem to be unable to open both a server and a client at the same time and play the game due to various issues.

A few things I've tried, and their outcomes (in order of what's been attempted):

-Launch the game and server via Steam
    Result: Was simply pointed back to the instance that was already open, regardless of which was opened first as if Steam could not distinguish the two.

-Launching one from Steam, and one from the directory
    Result: Both opened, but upon trying to Start Game, Starbound froze. This occurred regardless of which item was launched from where

-Deleted Starbound directory and reinstalled via Steam.
    Result: Issues remained, but with slightly different outcome- instead of simply crashing or freezing, I now get error messages, outlined below.

-Launching one from Steam, and one from the directory
    Result: Able to launch both, but upon attempting to Start Game, error received: "Unable to start local server (UniverseServerException) Could not acquire lock for the universe directory"

Security permissions on all folders are set to Full Control for usergroup "Everyone", and I'm not sure what else to try from here on out. Any kind of recommendation is appreciated!

Edit: Of note- once the server is launched I've confirmed that my friend is able to connect and play on it just fine. It just seems that I'm the only one that cannot! Confirmed with him that he also is unable to launch both via Steam due to the same issue I had, but we did not take the time to test launching from his directories nor did we uninstall/reinstall his program.