1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Unable to exit shop with full inventory after buying item

Discussion in 'Support' started by Wynnevir, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Wynnevir

Wynnevir Void-Bound Voyager

At the caravan shop, if I accidentally buy an item when my inventory is full, I cannot leave.
    I saw this bug on a 2016 thread, but there was no resolution.

The X button does not work, it's a shop so ther'es no trashcan. I do not have a similar item in my inv to stack it with, and you cannot drop items on the ground from the shop menu.

It causes you to lose a whole day and restart the game.

margotbean likes this.
    • ConcernedDuck

ConcernedDuck Aquatic Astronaut

Try to redownload it; or probably, it's a normal thing. When i leave shops with full inventory and i bought a Parsnip for example, it does not let me leave. Please tell if it feels normal or unusual.

• Wynnevir

Wynnevir Void-Bound Voyager

I mean having to restart my game and day because I accidentally clicked to buy something doesn't feel very normal. Once you know about it you can try to be more conscious over it but it doesnt feel intentional, it seems like an oversite.
        What purpose would it serve to make the player lose their progress when trying to shop?

margotbean likes this.
        • ConcernedDuck

What device are you on? I would like to know, but i will try to find a fix. In the meantime, drink coffee while i find good answers to this problem and i will try to search answers from Steam.

• ConcernedDuck

Some solutions that might or might not work:
            1: Just add the item you purchased to the same item in your inventory then your cursor will be free to let you exit.
            2: f your inventory is full and you have something in your handt does not allow you to exit because you must toss something either onto the ground or into the trash and then place the item in your hand back into your inventory. You can't exit out while there is something in your hand.

p.s: I found this on steam.

• silentnox

silentnox Master Chief

Tried 1 & 2 options above and didn't get it to work

Solution that worked for me:
              happened to me when i finished fishing and decided to buy wood. i caught some Legends and was frustrated thinking i would have to restart. then i raped the keyboard and found out alt + enter (toggle window and full screen mode) closed the buy menu.

PieFox likes this.
              • PieFox

PieFox Space Hobo

@silentnox just signed in to thank you. You saved my life. hope ur keyboard is ok