1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Unable to complete quest "Tory Dyson wants security"

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Munchicken, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Munchicken

Munchicken Space Hobo

Starbound Version: Glad Giraffe - Update 3
    Classification: Quests
    Severity: Med (no data loss / unable to complete quest)
    Description: The steps of the quest are performed, but the quest is never complete.
    How Found:
    1. Playing Multiplayer with two players
    2. Player 1 bought Colony Deed from Frog's Furniture
    3. Player 1 built house on Girtab Order V, adding Colony Deed
    4. Tory Dyson appeared as NPC, living in house
    5. Later Tory Dyson had yellow "!" over head
    6. Both players took the quest from Tory Dyson
    7. Quest is "Tory Dyson wants security" ("build a new house with your Weapon Chest in it, add 3 pieces of furniture that a Human would like and put this Colony Deed in it! Don't forget to add a light source!")
    8. Player 2 built a house on Eulernia Muster III - a, which included a weapon chest, wooden table, 1 wooden chair, a lantern, and a bed.
    9. Player 2 placed the Colony Deed in the new house, and an NPC appeared and began living in the house
    10. The quest is still "In Progress" for Player 2
    11. Player 2 tried building the same house near Player 1's house (on Girtab Order V), but same results'
    12. Checked with Player 1, they built new house with proper items, and had same results, quest still "In Progress"

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  2. tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

When you built the second house, did a guard NPC move in?

Would you be able to get Player 1 to travel to visit the quest-giving NPC for 10 seconds, and then attach the starbound.log file for the server?

3. Aniside

Aniside Space Hobo

Bumping, for I am having the same issue as @Munchicken

However, I am on single player and my NPC asking to have added security is inside of my ship.
    Really don't know what to do because I have added the three items "that an avian would like," a light and the weapons chest.

4. Ayriez

Ayriez Intergalactic Tourist

I as well am having this problem. I built a second house with a guard in it not too far from the npc in question, and she won't say the quest is complete :<

Edit: In an attempt to fix the problem I got rid of the quest giver, which failed the quest, then made a new person.. but they don't have any quests to give. I guess it's a once per world quest or something? I tried getting rid of the guard and letting them be attacked by monsters as well, nothing worked . _ .

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  5. tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

@Ayriez: the quest will come back, it just takes a some time before it shows again.

@Aniside would you be able to tell me the names of the avian objects you added? I wonder if the objects are just missing tags.

6. Ayriez

Ayriez Intergalactic Tourist

If the quest comes back it's sure taking a long time to do so, I've spent quite a lot of time sitting around near the npc and also wandering around on the same planet... still no quest. Also, this may be slightly off topic but is there any way to get rid of failed quests from your log? it kind of bugs my OCD to have to see the failed one there, not to mention I can't click it or anything. =/ (that and also another really off topic thing but is there a way to plant grass on the background blocks? I used the hoe on them and it rained on them so they're prepped and stuff..)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  7. SideManager90

SideManager90 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same issue, one of my colonists gave me the quest and wanted an Apex guard.
    The furniture I used was:
    • Cool Table
    • Cool Chair(s)
    • Interrogation Table
    • Weapons Chest
    The Apex spawns in, but nothing happens. Any help?

P.S. I tried destroying some furniture and replacing it to see if it would fix it, but then made it impossible to destroy anything on the planet, gave me the option beam to my ship even though it wasn't above the planet, and created two HUGE missing chunks on wither side of some of the houses, and jumping into them freezes me, forcing me to restart the game.

8. SideManager90

SideManager90 Void-Bound Voyager

A picture of what the broken chunk looks like:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.