UI Scale and/or low resolution support

Discussion in 'Other' started by Xylia, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Could we please get a proper UI scale?

Most games do not force you into specific UI scales, they allow something in-between and I've heard from talking with a few others, that SB once supported fractions in the UI scale. But now it's only whole numbers, 1 2 3 etc.

Well, I have a problem with this. I'm forced (yes, forced) to play in 1360x768. The game defaults to a UI scale of 2.

This is too large, because SB uses such a large gaudy font and huge windows that have lots of wasted space which doesn't mesh well with my low resolution.

Well, I found a mod that forces the game to go to a scale of 1. BUT....

This is TOO small. Now, I can't read stuff, because it's simply too stupidly small.

Here's some comparison screenshots:

UI Scale 2:

[​IMG]

See how the inventory window alone takes up almost 30% of the whole viewing area? Lots of wasted space there. In fact, I still wish they would separate the Armor Equip and Inventory screens altogether, but meh.

Well, here's UI Scale 1:

[​IMG]

Now it's so tiny that it hurts my eyes and I have to squint to read that. I'm betting that UI Scale 1.5x would probably be perfect.....but no, the game won't support it now. I tried.

The sad part of it is, that "UI Scale 1" is smaller than windows font, but yet UI Scale 2, the font is much bigger than normal windows font.

Could we clean the font up in the game, to use a smaller font?

Is that moddable, where fonts could be shrunk, and so could the UI?

EDIT: And yes I know it is theoretically possible to muck around with resolutions and junk, but the simple fact is I am stuck with 1360x768. There's no way around this.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

it would also be handy to be able to permanently position windows. i hate the inventory always appearing right in the middle of the screen covering up my character. and, while we're wishing for stuffs, the ability for mods to add keybindings, so mods like the one you're using to add more hotslots can be keybound :D

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

The hot slots don't bother me to be honest, but I do understand if some people would like to bind them.

I mouse-click them and that's fine because I put junk like building blocks and bug nets on them that I don't need in the heat of battle (but don't want to have to switch hotbars for).

That said, the ability to permanently position windows (in other words, have the windows remember) = HUGE YES.

And it'd be nice if the game would remember such positioning between sessions too. AND it would be nice if the game would not overlap inventory and container windows, like, ever. Every time I start playing, the first container I open, the container overlaps the inventory or the other way around.

Doesn't help that the inventory window is way bigger than it really needs to be. But I've suggested that before (breaking up the equipment and inventory into two separate windows).

EDIT: @BreakingForce : If you've ever considered a hotbar mod, I would like to add that the Mousewheel DOES work on the extra buttons (or at least with this particular mod, it's on steam workshop), if you were avoiding hotbar mods because of a lack of keybindings. Just thought I'd let you know.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  4. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    am aware, thanks :) would just be better to be able to bind and make use of these mmo mice (with number grids on the sides) i'm staring at here on my mousepad :D

5. Kalteas

Kalteas Poptop Tamer

I dislike having to move my inventory out of the way each and every time. This would be great.