1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Uh oh! Beware if you want to create a server at Beta

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bacon, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Former Staff

People hosting servers on a linux box will be able to use iptables either to enforce a blacklist against particular IP addresses, or a whitelist. There are probably similiar firewall utilities for windows. It's definitely not the most elegant solution, but it's an option... if there's much interest I could post a guide (there's plenty on google too)

2. Holylifestar

Holylifestar 2.7182818284590...

You could always just use an IP whitelist.

3. Good job @Bacon
    Thank you for letting us know, much appreciated! <3

DotBeta and Bacon like this.
  4. Good to know, I'll be playing with friends at start so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Bacon likes this.
  5. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Thanks for the catch, i'll probably be staying on my home world in single player. Least until most of the bugs have been squashed.

Bacon likes this.
  6. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

Completely off-topic, but we have to duel to the death. I'm very sorry but there can be only one Kain. :: Grabs some rapiers and some single-shot pistols.::

7. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

Please edit

"There is none cheat protection implemented."
    to
    "There is no cheat protection implemented."

Because "none cheat protection" sounds like there IS a "non cheat" thing added, so it can be read 2 ways.

So please edit it to say "no" instead of "none" :)

Mikerlantz and Bacon like this.
  8. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Oo a name is a name no need to duel over it. Sides cording to our join dates, I came here first in March while you came in Dec, soooo there is really no reason to fight.

9. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

Juice Box suspects that a white list will be absent in beta, but present in the full release.

Katorone and Bacon like this.
  10. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

That's some very helpful info, Bacon, thank you for going out of your way to share it. Though this does change my plans a bit...I might just play single player during early beta since I don't know anyone in real life that's planning on playing it. :(

Bacon likes this.
  11. lukeib618

lukeib618 Void-Bound Voyager

12. lyrael_rayne

lyrael_rayne Big Damn Hero

Nah they can still have their public party, they just might find out that the pool's closed.

Gouki likes this.
  13. Oculemon

Oculemon Starship Captain

solution: don't play with dickheads

Kaeso likes this.
  14. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

While true, if a person that you thought was cool ends up being a dickhead on the server, not much you can do about that...

15. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

Well...that's no fun at all. And yeah, I didn't join when I first started lurking, there wasn't enough to talk about to warrant my creating an account. Never the less, no duel no fun. Meanie face.

16. Darkhenge

Darkhenge Void-Bound Voyager

Does Hamachi work with starbound? I can't port-forward because I forgot the password to my router and the reset button doesn't work. Can
    someone try this? Because I've tried Hamachi but I cant seem to join because of the password...

17. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

Hamachi works, we were playing earlier with 11 people in one server. Works fine mate.

18. Darkhenge

Darkhenge Void-Bound Voyager

So what do I do? I've joined my friends network on Hamachi and entered the Ip and left the password blank. When I click join it says I can't join any reason why? Sorry for bothering you, I just really want to play with friends.