uh i dono how to put this...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wendyam, Feb 13, 2013.

1. wendyam

wendyam Subatomic Cosmonaut

You should make it so if u buy both games u can get items or things that relate to say stardew Vally in Starbound, sorta the same the other way around

• Shark

Shark Master Astronaut

I don't know about some sort of "buying both games" deal, but cameos/references from/to Stardew Valley, Treasure Adventure World, and Wanderlust in Starbound would be pretty neat.

Kalvuric, Solum, Blackleaf and 3 others like this.
      • Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

I really, really hope that they don't do some BS stuff to where you have to buy multiple games to 'get' every feature. Though I do agree with Shark on cameos and references, that would be nice.

izzy82, Stargazer, Kalvuric and 2 others like this.
        • TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

I think a sort of bundle deal would be nice; get all four (and counting) games published by Chucklefish for a reduced price.
          Throw in a Team Fortress 2 item and I would move heaven and earth to buy that.

Stargazer and wendyam like this.
          • Kalvuric

Kalvuric Big Damn Hero

Pre-order bonuses, how do they work? Dishonored for example.D: Thank goodness for the little guys who just want to make fun games. Totally on-board with the cameo thing though, Starbound's already got plenty of stuff like that already, no reason not to put in some for Stardew Valley as well.

• Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Here's a really good rant on pre-orders.

Darthkitten, Kalvuric and Nimrod like this.
              • Nimrod

Nimrod Subatomic Cosmonaut

Somehow I have run into this even with small indie games. Why, oh why, do devs feel the need to make so many pre-order exclusives? Just add it to the bloody game, give us the full experience. They'd keep some integrity, alienate less consumers, and the game wouldn't be any worse for it.

Roxie Stables likes this.
                • Kalvuric

Kalvuric Big Damn Hero

TB made some good points, especially after that whole thing with the new Aliens game. Something else that's become fairly prevalent with new games is the whole Founder's program concept (not to mention that Kickstarter-like tiered reward system that's been showing up on Steam....) Which is great I guess for people with too much money, but from my perspective it's just kinda strange, dropping a pile of money on a game that isn't finished... then again I'm sitting here waiting for preorder announcements for Starbound and Stardew Valley, so I'm basically a hypocrite at this point. :D

Back on topic: what kind of crossover content do you think would work? Non-onion lizard cows in Starbound???

• Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I want Stardew to be a Soda in Starbound. >.> (Mountain dew)

• ReverseShadow

ReverseShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

How about a picture of Tiy I can place in my Stardew home?

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

I want Starbound to be a comic in Stardew Valley :p
                        Or just an easter egg where you see aliens from the Starbound universe but as fast, non-hostile creatures, like the Pop-Top :p

Lunarex and wendyam like this.
                        • saison

saison Phantasmal Quasar

Can't wait for this and Starbound now :) I'm equally excited at both since I've been an avid Harvest Moon fan since I was a kid!

• Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i dont think thats even posable unless you use an always online sever (like how tf2 is)
                            and that will drive afew players away and already isnt the best idea lol

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Maybe small references would be good but not cross-purchasing benefits.