1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Ubuntu 15.10 Game Freeze

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by sketchyarchaeologist, Aug 12, 2016.

1. sketchyarchaeologist

sketchyarchaeologist Intergalactic Tourist

Issue: Game Freeze, requires manual restart after trying to turn sound up with external keyboard (Microsoft Arc Keyboard). Can use regular keys just fine, just the media keys causing the crash. May be because the computer is trying to put the volume graphical overlay up but Stardew doesnt like that? I am going to test this theory.

UPDATE: Confirmed that this seems to be a problem with the sound bar graphical overlay. Used laptop keyboard buttons, tried to turn up sound. Sound bar overlay started to come up, but then the whole game+computer froze and required a manual reset.

Update again: After last update where I testing the bug on the intro screen and had to restart, Stardew is now coming up in windowed mode with a black screen. Super weird, I didn't touch any settings.

The issue produced no error log.

Current BuildID 1258129
    Linux Aspire-V5-473P 4.2.0-42-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 21:26:26 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    • tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

I don't have a Microsoft Arc keyboard to test with, but I've been unable to reproduce this with other keyboards with media keys. Are you sure it's not an issue with your computer? Are your graphics drivers and kernel up to date? There is absolutely no way Stardew Valley should be able to completely freeze your whole machine.

Try deleting your ~/.config/StardewValley/startup_preferences file. If that doesn't help, try verifying your game cache in Steam.