Modding Discussion Two Mod Suggestions/Requests

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Unreal_Reality, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Unreal_Reality

Unreal_Reality Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There are so many great mods out for Starbound, which is a big part of the reason I love playing it so much, despite having done almost everything there is to do in the vanilla game.

The first mod I would like to propose, is relatively simple, especially when compared to the second one. I would love to see a mod that allows you to take on the characters from the Outpost as crew members and/or tenants (the latter could be done through special colony deeds). The specific characters I'd like to see available as crew members and/or tenants are: Esther, Nuru, Koichi, Tonauac, Lana Blake, and The Baron. I think it'd be also cool to flesh out the Outpost and the npcs there. But that would probably be another mod entirely.

The second mod I would like to propose, adds new missions and gameplay mechanics. What I personally envision, is a mod that adds a hostile military base (although there could be multiple locations of different types) in which multiple missions take place. They would vary from simple to relatively complex. Among the more simple missions would be to simply kill all npcs in the location and destroy all defenses. Some of the more complicated missions could involve stealth mechanics. The goals of these types of missions can range from assassinating or rescuing an important individual, to stealing technology or information.

Thanks for reading, and please let me know what you think of my ideas. Feel free to make suggestions in the comments. I sincerely hope talented modders take up these ideas, as I would love to see them implemented.

Cheers!

2. Mirau

Mirau Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, as far as the fleshed out Outpost, I can probably give you a copy of the modded Outpost we have on the Grayles server if you want a more fleshed out Outpost. PM me.