Two issues when hunting for avian artifact

Discussion in 'Other' started by OldManSunshine, Jul 31, 2017.

1. OldManSunshine

OldManSunshine Space Hobo

I hit two issues that made this game a pain to play, after it was pretty enjoyable to play
    1) The instruction was to find a world with a radioactive sun and jungle climate, when it should be a forest climate. I went through at least fifty worlds before I figured this out. This should be changed.
    2) The avian temple needs a save point after getting through the fire section and before the room with the statue and scorpions. That room is way harder than most of the temple, and have died there may times, and have had to go through the whole temple again and again.

2. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, jungle is correct. Avian stuff is not unique to jungle worlds but does have a better than average chance of spawning, same for all the racial scan quests. You can find them pretty much anywhere but jungle planets are the best place to search.

The scorpion room is a bit jarring in terms of difficulty, but it's not bad once you figure out how to tackle it. Avoid the floor and use ranged weapons. Arguably the Erchius Facility and Dreadwing missions are more out of step difficulty wise.

oinkgamer likes this.
  3. OldManSunshine

OldManSunshine Space Hobo

I disagree. I visited at least fifty jungle worlds around radioactive stars, and none of them could be landed on. The only two places I had success were from someone literally posting coordinates to one planet, and when I looked for a forest world. It was not fun wandering around so many star systems to try and find a damn planet with avians on it.

4. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've had similar experiences looking for Glitch stuff. It's just the luck of the draw. All of the scan quests are kind of a crapshoot (except Hylotl; ocean planets are all but guaranteed to have Hylotl villages and/or dungeons because hardly anything else can spawn there). Is it frustrating? Yes. I'm not a fan of the scan quests. But saying avian stuff is found mainly on jungle planets isn't wrong, it's just implying a much stronger correlation than there is.

5. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah op, you just had really bad luck. Honestly i try to explore all planets in any system i visit and place a flag down near any racial villages i find to come back to when i need to. but like masiakasaurus said, the quest descriptions should be accurate.

6. Goncorer

Goncorer Void-Bound Voyager

What do you mean none of them could be landed on?
    if they were actually jungle planets, you should be able to land on them.
    Not saying you don't know this, but you need an upgraded EPP to go to jungle planets.