Twitter Polls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SmaugBaggins, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I have a couple playthroughs going on and I've noticed so far any character I last married is almost always the one I interract with the least on the new playthrough. Prolly to help keep me from getting all the wibbles and feeling bad when I see them. :rofl:
    It probably helps that most of my characters have been made based off some of my old D&D characters so it lets me get into a different character mindset each time.

Granted I never had trouble with Leah's statue mostly because I'm always like "...your feelings are a strange wooden knot that you then make a completely similar copy in your art show to sell at a later date. :B" Granted granted is probably also helps I have never romantically pursued Leah yet....yet. >_>''' The main thing I can't bring myself to do is to give anyone but the person I'm bee-lining towards a bouquet. :rofl:

I personally would just be thrilled to see more and more stuff get expanded into the world, be it relationship stuff or just fleshing out the characters more and more. I'd love for there to be more stuff and scenes of things going on in town. More tomfoolery and shenanigans. I'd love to see relationships between NPCs develop as the years go on.

tokiri and MagicallyClueless like this.
    • SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

And for those who didn't hear
      Emily.png

Wish it was wizard but time to free the employee

• Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

oh that makes me happy I just started a new file so I could marry Elliot...guess I'll just pick up a third one when Shane is available :D

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

#WizardBest will have to wait for a bit, then. xD It's awesome Shane and Emily will be courtable! I wonder what happens with Clint and Emily if you go that route. I know the bachelors and bachelorettes are sorta paired up, but we had events of Clint actually asking Emily out and stuff (even if she may have seen it as platonic). Does that mean we may see scenes in the future that slowly set up the others as well? O:

tokiri likes this.
          • Ambaaargh

I know I'm kind of hoping for that versus just the Clint and Emily thing getting reshuffled and axed. Cause it may just be my personal playstyle preference, but I enjoy settings where it doesn't feel like the world revolves around my character so much my character is part of and influencing a world that would go onward without me. Like I personally would like it if time goes on that varous NPCs would eventually move along into relationship pairs or something rather than it feel like everyone is forever single and waiting for the farmer to activate their romance segment. Not to mention that, for me anyways, when I'm going into year 6 and been married for almost 4 of them now...it does feel rather silly when I talk to a character and they are hinting at how they'd love to live on a farm. Its like that ship has way sailed there. >_>'

But I digress. I think we all need to consider the most important question regarding this result: Does this mean Shane must now participate in FLOWER DANCE. And if so, does that mean Emily is gonna be rocking out her fabulous moves? :V

Iffydust and tokiri like this.
            • tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

Congrats to Shane and Emily! :'D Choochoo!

Hahaha I'm also curious about the Clint/Emily thing. X D It would be so awkward to be married to her and have events where you coach Clint into asking her out lmao. Sure, Clint! Just ask my wife out! You can do it!

Totally second that Amba. I hope CA does eventually add platonic relationships for the bachelors/bachelorettes. I also find it weird when Maru is constantly hitting on me when I'm married to her brother. I just pretend they say something else. xD

Iffydust and SmaugBaggins like this.
              • SmaugBaggins

I want to say I dont like you Clint Blockers but gratz to shane <3

• Ambaaargh

Hahaha yeah...like my very first go-through the game I sort of bee-lined to Sebastian and only after I was married did I really bother trying to really make friends with the other NPCS including the bachelors/bachelorettes. So it was a very surreal moment when I went into the house and triggered the cut scene where Demetrius was all "Maru has such a bright future...sure would be a shame if something were to mess it up.." and I was thinking to myself. "Sir. SIR. I am married to your step-son. I put a mermaid shell on that. We adopted a child. I can assure you I have no interests in your daughter. :I" If anything, I joke that that is why there is spouse jealousy...not so much they are worried about me cavorting around so much they know the rest of the townsfolks are apparently freaking thirsty. >_>'''

Iffydust likes this.
                  • Aurrelia

Aurrelia Aquatic Astronaut

Ok so my takeaway from your experiences here is to romance everyone up to 8 before marrying anyone so I can then choose from them all to marry, without cheater's guilt (which I would also have :):nuruawe:). Right?

• Tucumcari

Tucumcari Space Penguin Leader

....Looks like I'm making another play through for Shane. I've had my eye on him ever since I started the game.

I really hope CA does something with Clint instead of just leaving him unchanged and hanging by this sliver of hope he has.

I was also hoping for Sandy because Emily just...doesn't do anything for me. Sandy meanwhile is just out there all alone in the desert just praying for a customer. She has so much potential!!

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

...Looks like I'll be making a playthrough for Emily! :3

My portrait-modded Emily MUST be married to my character! THERE WILL BE NO COMPROMISE! :rofl:

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I figured it would end up with those two... Seeing how many people like them.

Those were the two I was hoping for first to be available. I do sure hope in time the others will be slowly. We'll see eventually, maybe. :nuruhappy:

• Chiefthawk

Chiefthawk Space Spelunker

I think there are much bigger fish to fry in this game than adding another love interest. How about some more end game content so you don't lose your player base?

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

A bit at a time. Can't satisfy everyone all at once. Where would that leave those that are more wanting candidates available than end game? What ever end game is suppose to mean... To me there is a long way to go for that. Very long ways. Not everybody rushes to end of story and stops. I am sure he will come up with something for each crowd, and do agree on one thing; having more things. To me that is all it is, is just more things.

So to say one of more things is better than another is futile, as it is subjective to the individual. Each person will have a different idea of what is important to them when playing. Not all playstyles can be satisfied with each pass, but one can try. All I am saying is that I am sure that if a bug pops up he will tend to that first before any sort of content, because content is a secondary next to bugs in general.

Is the way I see it.:nuruhappy:

• Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

I like the way you think, some people tend to forget that not everything is going to work for every player no matter the game, it's not like CA just decided the game was over and that he wouldn't work on it again. So obviously more is coming in the future, though I have a very active imagination and I've been in no rush to play with everything that is already in the game. Everything from new content to bug fixes is nice but it's up to CA to decide what comes first and he is working on bug fixes so if he wants to add more candidates now or later then he can.

Tamorr likes this.
                                • Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

yup... I have quite an overactive imagination myself... Probably why I chased butterflies for quite a chunk of my first spring. lol
                                  that and tend to go at the game like a turtle taking in the sights and doing things gradually. :nuruhappy:

I have faith he'll pull through as well getting things done in the way he envisioned while taking to that net to stamp out those bugs. :nurutease:

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Sandy for the win

Caudyr likes this.
                                    • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Well, now I just have to wait for Shane to be marriageable so I can finally get married...More than a month after launch.

• SmaugBaggins

I am sorta sad i really didnt like the idea of Emily being marriageable i feel like clint should get her so i would have perfered blocking the mayor xD

Iffydust likes this.
                                        • Chiefthawk

Chiefthawk Space Spelunker

I am just going by my enjoyment level of the game, suggestions I see in forums and reviews of the game. With one dev, new content will take a long time to release. The last release addressed new marriage content. Next update is new marriage candidates... Next? Meanwhile fences decay in 2 days, there are areas of the map that are wasted space. What about the first quest you get "go meet everyone in town". Talk about clunky. How about a set of mini-quests that accomplish that task? Co-op? Those are some of my bigger fish.