1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Tweaks to Starbound that would mean the world to me

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dashpenguin, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Dashpenguin

Dashpenguin Subatomic Cosmonaut

Heyo!
    These things have been bothering me even before 1.0 (which I am still really enjoying atm), so I thought I'd let them off my chest. These are all RATHER small tweaks that would make the game far more enjoyable, at least for me:

1) The sound effect for the Matter Manipulator is a bit out-of-place. It is supposes to be a great scientific tool, yet it makes a bubbly, almost playtoy-like sound.
    2) The sound effect for destroying dirt and stone doesn't FEEL like dirt and stone. Since destroying these objects is going to be a task that we do over and over again, it would be nice if it was satisfying.
    3) Seeing as farming is one big arch of the game (you can apparently complete the entirety of the game through farming...? Not sure), it would be cool if not every plant grew the exact same way. Not only is it a bit unnatural, it can also be a bit boring. Even as simple as making banana trees actual trees would be a big and welcome change.
    4) Add in a settings option for dialog fade-away. I don't know about others, but I am a slow reader and the NPC dialog always disappears before I get to the end of it.
    5) Some way to skip the slowly paced cutscenes would be nice. The pacing is really slow and seeing the story of the Ruin and whatnot 3 times over is a bit exhausting.

I'll add to this post as I remember more things. The 1.0 is a large improvement from the last time I played Starbound, and these tweaks could make the game that much more enjoyable!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  2. ZeeHero

ZeeHero Pangalactic Porcupine

Making food stack would seriously make this game more fun for me. it's currently a pain in the ass just to feed my character even when I have plenty of food.

3. Prince Popper

Prince Popper Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think they did that because every single food item can rot at a different time.

4. Efrim

Efrim Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd be ok with the current stacking if food that is stored in a fridge or otherwise tagged cold container did not decay; In all honesty there are a lot of things about the current system that need some serious tweakage.

Also yeah... I hadn't really given it much thought but I really hate the sound effect the M.M. makes. Even some of the crafting noises from the more advanced stations seem more approps.

5. Dashpenguin

Dashpenguin Subatomic Cosmonaut

They could make it so that if you eat a food of one type (either from the inventory or through the hotbar), it would autoplace another food of the same type into your hand.

Spiderecc likes this.