Race TurtTurks, the monk turtles!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by 1hkem, Oct 28, 2015.

1. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

I saw that little turtle critter wandering around, and I picked it up with the cold metallic hand of my Clockwork Glitch character. "It's so Damn adorable." I thought to myself. then it hit me. Turtles. Turtles are the key to life- wait no. Turtles are the key to Starbound, not life. listen to what I have to say.

Characterization!

a race of giant humanoid-tortoises, like teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles, but less buff and with larger shells. They live a monk's lifestyle, and a village may be only two or three small, quaint houses, with one turtle for each.

Weapons!
    ahh, weapons... TurtTurks don't have time for fighting, they're to busy trying to be enlightened or whatever. instead, they have shields, much like those found in game, except these are bigger, and much, much more durable, normally looking like large turtle shells, with neatly carved symbols on them. These shields are especially useful for buckling enemies, as in, staggering/hurting them with your shield, and they can do this at a much faster rate than other shields, since this is the TurtTurks main choice of combat. Daggers can also be crafted for self defense reasons, but TurtTurks limit themselves to only that, "because violence is too violent" say most TurtTurks.

Characterization2!
    TurtTurks like to be enlightened, therefore, clothes are much too heavy for them. instead they have tightly wrapped bandages around their chests and the center of their shells, and baggy silk pants that tighten at the ankles, so they can't cause problems for the TurtTurks movement. TurtTurks are also peacekeepers, so they occasionally don their masks, much like a so called "TeenageMutantTurtTurkTurtle" wears. here are the options a TurtTurk would normally choose from, his everyday attire.
    skin: Choose from, Olive green, yellow green, light brown, and albino white
    bandana color: Michelangelo orange, Raphael red, Leonardo blue, Donatello purple, or generic gray.
    Shell: choose from bowser shell spikes, teeny angel wings, medium angel wings,
    Shell color: deep gray, café-brown, deep green
    pants: short pants, medium pants, long pants,
    pants color: black, gray, white,

Armor!
    I have no clue.

we can work with this, people, I just thought it was a good idea so I threw it out there, now it's up to the community to actually make it good enough to be a mod, or better yet- in the actual game!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  2. Arcticsword

Arcticsword Void-Bound Voyager

We already have a race of monk-like creatures, which are the hylotl. They stem from traditional and new-world Japanese culture, which indeed involves monks, monasteries, and more.

3. 1hkem

1hkem Void-Bound Voyager

They're missionaries, and they're kindve obnoxious. The turtles are more traditional monks and they're less uptight.

4. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

Yeah, but... peaceful monk-like pacifist water dwellers. The base of the race is the same...