Modding Help Turning files in .xnb ?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Ludichaton, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Ludichaton

Ludichaton Phantasmal Quasar

Alright... So, i'm someone who feels really accomplished when i manage to make stuff on my own, but i can't. I'm also the kind of person to love drawing, pixelated or not.

And, since i am an absolute noobie at coding, or modding, i decided to come in a place where there are plenty. So, i just want to retexture assets in the game, and, the only thing taking me away from it is .xnb...

I don't know how to turn a file in .xnb, or, extract the .xnb file to an image. Could someone help me with that ? I really want to make some textures work :3

Thanks to anyone of you who helps :) !

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

• Ludichaton

Thanks ! I'll try it !

• Ludichaton

Okay, so, my problem now is, i have no idea how to pack the .yaml + .png... The tutorial just says they have to be packed TOGETHER...

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Stick them in a folder together! For example I put my stuff in a folder off the Stardew Valley folder called edits.

If I want to pack something I stick the png and the yaml in its own folder and do xnb_node.cmd pack edits\epona edits\epona for example. It'll stick the xnb file in with the png and yaml. You could also tell it to put it in a \packed folder if you don't want it all together; I used to do that but found it easier to just put it all in the same place.

Lunumi likes this.
          • Ludichaton

Thanks ! I finally managed to do it xD !

Zhuria likes this.