1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Bug/Issue Turn being skipped in online play

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sambino, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Sambino

Sambino Space Hobo

During online quick matches, my turn will occasionally be skipped. Can happen at anytime during my turn, sometimes the instant my turn begins. Happens very often, almost every match, sometimes multiple times per match (If the first lost turn doesn't make me lose immediately).
    Possibly related: when finding a match or finishing a match, often receive errors such as "Lost connection to server" or "Invalid state".
    My internet connection is stable, as is my Switch's WiFi reception.

Curious to know if anyone else is having this issue since I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, but it pretty much makes online unplayable.

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Hello, in Quick match there is a timer. This timer also counts down if you suspend the game.
      This happens regardless of if the 'End Turn' notification is on screen as well.
      Is this likely to be your issue? If it is, we have a fix coming in to make this play style a bit more player-friendly!

The error message is a bit more concerning and I'll look into that

• Sambino

Sambino Space Hobo

I'm not certain what you mean by suspend, but I'm in the game the whole time (Not in the switch home menu etc.) and I've had my turn skipped at the very begin of the turn before I even make a single input, while not even touching the controller. Also had it happen while I was looking at the timer and it still said 57 seconds left. Doesn't seem to be related to the timer at all if I had to guess, just some kind of small desync or disconnect and the game handles it by passing my turn instead of waiting?
        Thanks for the reply (and the possible upcoming fix?) If there's any more specific info you want I'd be happy to try and help.

EDIT for more info since I'm trying multiplayer again and it's still happening: Turn being skipped immediately seems to happen more often when the opponent let's their entire turn timer run out, as though the timer is not being reset before my turn, and therefore mine ends instantly.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
        • Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Heya,
          Thank you for getting back to me.

We have a lot of people reporting this issue, and I'm going to be completely honest and say that no one can reproduce it here at all. We think it's a server issue, the game timing out from our servers at some point during gameplay, or general desync for some reason. Obviously this is a major issue.
          The next patch coming through has some server updates and changes to quick time/timers that we are hoping fix this, however without being able to reproduce it in-house we have no real way of knowing.

"Turn being skipped immediately seems to happen more often when the opponent let's their entire turn timer run out, as though the timer is not being reset before my turn, and therefore mine ends instantly."
          This is incredibly helpful however, and I'll start looking into it straight away!

• Sambino

Sambino Space Hobo

Thanks for the reply, loving the game and cool to know there are developers listening, and the small numbers of issues there are, are being worked on.
            Cheers!