Modding Help Trying to tie events to marriage status and spouse, can't track down Event IDs?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by DaingertMadelyn, Feb 17, 2019.

1. DaingertMadelyn

DaingertMadelyn Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there! I'm trying to create some events that trigger or erase based on two factors: the marriage status of the player character, and who their spouse is. Specifically, I'm trying to create some npc/npc romance events that will only happen if the player is already married, and won't happen if one of the NPCs involved is already married to the character.

While I could copy the same event with multiple spouse triggers, ideally I'd like to keep this mod as simple as possible and just have the initial events triggered by the marriage event (if there is a single Event ID for it) and erased if married to an involved NPC. However, looking through the XNB files I can't seem to locate the marriage event to find the ID. Is there an ID for that event at all?

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

• DaingertMadelyn

• MissCoriel

MissCoriel Phantasmal Quasar

Hi.. there is no marriage event ID as it is hardcoded.. are you making this with Content Patcher?

• DaingertMadelyn

I'm starting with XNB edits, I'm not super familiar with the method to create mods in Content Patcher.

• MissCoriel

Content Patcher is just a small step up from XNB modding and it will solve your issue :3 You can make the event trigger like this:

Code:
          {
              "LogName": "Marriage Trigger",
              "Action": "EditData",
              "Target": "Data/Events/<where the event will take place>",
              "When": {
                  "Relationship": "Abigail:Married, Leah:Married, Maru:Married, Haley:Married, Emily:Married, Penny:Married, Elliott:Married, Sebastian:Married, Shane:Married, Sam:Married, Alex:Married, Harvey:Married",
                  },
              "Entries": {
                  <Create your event here>
              },
          },
          If you want some help.. it's very similar to my Debauchery Mod i'm developing. You can join us in the Stardew Valley modding discord :3

EbichuDesu123 likes this.
          • DaingertMadelyn

I'll have to check that out then! Thank you for the advice!

• MissCoriel

No problem, feel free to ask me directly on Discord. My ID is MissCoriel#7989