1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to recreate my old ship, and found some things don't exist?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dalboz, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Dalboz

Dalboz Phantasmal Quasar

HI!

I've been trying to recreate my old character and her ship from before when my friend died.

I stopped playing starbound because he bought me the game.

He was like a little brother.

So the thing is I found my old post on this messageboard for the United Planets Cruiser C-57D saucer. Thankfully it helped me find my old zip file.

Obviously the ship is no longer compatible with the new version of starbound.

I've had difficulty finding some of the items in the game.

I am guessing that the shirt for my character either doesn't exist anymore or it's a combination of two items.

I am also having trouble finding the Star Trek 1701-D chairs. Do they exist anymore? I mean, granted, the United Planets Cruiser had other chairs, in fact, I think the newer chairs may be more accurate... but I kinda miss the 1701-D chairs.

Here is my old picture:
    [​IMG]

I had played around with the idea of making the ship more accurate, but my friend just loved hte design so I want to remake it as I had it. Therefor no fancy curving or custom tilesets for me. Although I may make a "more accurate" UPC ship later.

For those of you who know the movie Forbidden Planet, I am sure you'll laugh at what's in this particular ship's hold ;)

Anyway, at a glance, can anyone else tell me what else may have been removed? Or if those chairs and shirts exist, can someone help me figure out which items they may be?

Oh and if anyone is interested - yes, this ship is "To Scale" and it is based on the official blueprints :) I had to be only a little creative in how I showed the cross section of the ship. I think the cross section is actually at an angle to get the medical bay in the picture and make the doors work properly.

(edit: yes I do realize some new crafting tables look MORE movie accurate, as I said, I am trying to recreate my ship as it was back then, I can go through the more accurate props on another character later).

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

I spent a bit looking at the image.

Those cool Tesla Spikes have to be spawned in.
    Those chairs, I'm afraid, have been removed. Closest replacements are: Executive Chair, Retro Chair, Public Chair, Padded Metal Chair, and the Cool Chair.
    The blocks used in the construction of the ship... I can't tell what they are. The closest I can think of are: Silver Block, Platinum Block, and Mirror Block.
    The lights would be: Fluorescent Light, Wide Fluorescent Lamp, Ship Light (Small). The last one is disabled, and has to be spawned in.
    I see a decent amount of Modern Platforms and Ship Platforms. Those can be made at any Workbench.

3. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

Do you have a better pic with your character? It's quite hard to know what he is wearing from this distance.
    And about the furniture, most of those blue screen monitors were "disabled" in-game, but you can spawn them with admin commands using this page as reference: https://starbounder.org/Tag:Humanbunker