Modding Help Trying to make a jetpack

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Melendroach, May 7, 2017.

1. Melendroach

Melendroach Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I want to make a jetpack, using spear's rocketspear ability. I have two problems though. I want my jetpack to shoot lasers, so I tried setting assault rifle's altability to rocketspear. It doesn't work, game crashes, same with all ranged weapons. Then I tried setting rocketspear as soluskatana's primaryability and changing altability so it would shoot lasers. this doesn't work too, soluskatana can't use primaryability at all and if I try to use altability, it shoots kunais and then uses rocketspear. I also tried setting ranged weapon abilities as spear's altabilities, but obviously, it doesn't work too.
    Second problem is that even though I set allowRotate to false and change spear's direction to -90, rocketspear still knocks the user to the left or right.

And yes, I want to make this jetpack using a command. I know that it'd be a lot easier using lua.

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Normally you can not mix and match melee weapon abilities to ranged weapon abilities. It would require some work with Lua.

3. Melendroach

So there's no way of making it shoot projectiles?

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Not exactly. I actually put the spear's spinning alt ability on a sniper rifle (Request by somone). The main issue is the weapon types use different names for the parts. IE, melee use "blade" and "handle", where as guns use "butt", "middle", "barrel", among some others, so if you correct these, it mostly should work there-after.

It is quite tedious though.

5. Melendroach

I'll try that later, I'll let you know whether it works or not for me, and thanks!

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Basically refer to the animation file. Maybe copy it and make your own with it so you can keep things mostly clean and stand-alone.

7. Melendroach

Yeah, I know, I've been changing .animation files before.