Modding Help Trying to make a custom interface but running into issues.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ratkintheoverestimated, Aug 9, 2020.

1. ratkintheoverestimated

ratkintheoverestimated Phantasmal Quasar

I posted this on the sub but i figured I'd post it here as well.

Greetings fellow modders. As the title suggests. I can not get the craftable items list to align with the main window and it's driving me nuts. I'm assuming it's near the "scrollArea" section of the config file but I can not figure out which values to change.

Any assistance would be dearly appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I can only guess what sort of config you have (since you didn't post it!) but I'd guess what you don't have right is
    /paneLayout/scrollArea/rect
    The numbers represent - lowerLeft X, lowerLeft Y, upperRight X, upperRight Y - pixels relative to the bottom left of the interface window.

Now I'm guessing you used some vanilla interface file as a basis, right? I'd suggest it would be best/easiest to revert to that file and edit only what you need to edit.
    There doesn't seem to be anything radically different in that interface that I notice, so I'd point out you probably don't even need a custom interface file. You can do a few select over-rides in the object that brings up the interface. For example from the ironcraftinganvil (glitch villages)
    Code:
    "interactData" : {
        "config" : "/interface/windowconfig/craftinganvil.config",
        "paneLayoutOverride" : {
          "windowtitle" : {
            "title" : " Iron Anvil",
            "subtitle" : " ^#b9b5b2;Armour and weapons",
            "icon" : {
              "file" : "/interface/crafting/craftinganvil.png"
            }
          }
        },
        "filter" : [ "craftinganvil" ]
      },
    So that brings up the same base config file as the player built upgradable anvils do. The filters can be applies manually if you don't want the filter from the vanilla interlace. Likewise all those Pane Layout Overrides. So it is simply easier to use that to tweak what already works, unless you need a custom functionality of some sort.

3. ratkintheoverestimated

Thank you. Indeed..it was the Rect section of the interface. I had to fiddle around with the numbers bit and they fit now. I only really wanted to do this as an exercise to see if I could come up with a similar interface to something like the pixel goods store since I have successfully managed to create menus with vanilla like layouts with the tabs at the tops.

PS - Could I ask another interface related question if you wouldn't mind?

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I don't see why you couldn't?

5. ratkintheoverestimated

thanks. I as wondering if it would be possible to create a user interface with sub tabs? By that I mean, currently each tab in a crafting station opens a category. Would it be possible to create an UI where clicking on a Tab opens a sub category where you can further select a crafting category? For eg : Wood Tab > Normal, Rainbow, Alien wood, etc > selected crafting list.