Modding Help Trying to edit some sprites

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Odditer, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Odditer

Odditer Tentacle Wrangler

I'm trying to edit the sprites for Dreadwing into Korosensei from the AC anime. All I've done so far is unpack the assets, edit Dreadwing's sprite sheet, and then move _unpacked back into the assets folder. But it still won't work when I try the Dreadwing mission. This mod is ONLY for me and not to be uploaded so I'm pretty sure there's no need to pack my assets. If there is though, how do I do that? I tried to pack _unpacked with the Unpacking Helper (the official one from here in the community) but it won't pack _unpacked if it's in the folders "mods" or "assets". Help?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  2. Odditer

The Starbound Wiki (starbounder.org) isn't helping either since there's nothing there on editing only sprites.

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

underscore disables mod from loading.

4. Odditer

I removed the underscore, now Starbound doesn't even open. Re-adding the underscore makes Starbound work again.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  5. Ultimate sandvich

Ultimate sandvich Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Normally you should just put the edited sprite in starbound/mods/YOURMOD/monsters/boss/penguinUfo/pilot (this can be ufo too, depends on what you want to edit) and make sure you have a .metadata and that the imagefile has the same as the one in the original folder. I'm not really sure what you've been doing before, but this should work. Here's an example of how I edited some sprites for my own use.

Attached Files:

6. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I think you need to rewind to the very basics of modding.
    There are stickies on this forum to get you started and people here once you get stuck on specific steps.

7. Odditer

There's one more file I'd like to edit (other sprite works perfectly fine now), but I can't find it anywhere. The sprite I'd like to edit is the Chucklefish logo (the whole thing, including the text and the grey box background) but, as I just mentioned, I can't find it in any of the folders. Anyone happen to know the location or is it uneditable?

8. Ultimate sandvich

Ultimate sandvich Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's under /cinematics, you'll want to change the chuckles.png and chucklelogofinal.png

9. Odditer

Thanks, that helps. One final question involving the CF logo; where can I find the chuckling sound that it makes? I'd like to replace that too with a different chuckle.
    EDIT: Found it under /sfx/cinematics, named fish_laugh.