Modding Help Trouble converting .json to .xnb?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Mewberries, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Mewberries

Mewberries Space Hobo

I'm working on a custom dialogue mod (putting one of my ocs in as a bachelor, hehehe), and everything's gone okay until just now. I've looked it over and over again, but I can't figure out what the problem is. Here's the error info from the xnbcli converter:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token : in JSON at position 608
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at resolveImports (C:\snapshot\xnbcli\app\Porter.js:0:0)
    at processPack (C:\snapshot\xnbcli\xnbcli.js:0:0)
    at Walker.walker.on (C:\snapshot\xnbcli\xnbcli.js:0:0)
    at Walker.emit (events.js:189:13)
    at Object.emitSingleEvents [as emitNodeType] (C:\snapshot\xnbcli\node_modules\walk\lib\node-type-emitter.js:58:13)
    at Walker._wLstatHandler (C:\snapshot\xnbcli\node_modules\walk\lib\walk.js:88:19)
    at C:\snapshot\xnbcli\node_modules\walk\lib\walk.js:106:12
    at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:154:5)
    I've attached the file in question. This is my first time trying to make a mod, so if anyone who's more well-versed in this stuff could take a look at it that'd be great! :up:

Attached Files:

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Mewberries You should be editing npc dialog with Content Patcher - your edits go into the Content .json and you don't mess with the game files. I suggest looking at current dialog mods on Nexus to see how folks do their edits.

• Mewberries

Mewberries Space Hobo

@Moragaine I made a copy of the dialogue file to write in and keep as a backup, this is basically a seperated version of what's in the content.json.