REQUEST Troll fireplace?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Minakie, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Today I was looking for kitchen recolors for inspiration (sadly, there are a lot less than I thought, we need more kitchens!) and I found this gem. It made me giggle.

Simply redesigning the outside of the house is, without a doubt, the easiest solution, but the OP actually has a point: there's no use for a fireplace in the kitchen when you *finally* have a stove where to cook, most houses have fireplaces either on the living-room or in the bedroom, and the fireplace actually looks pretty cool in the bedroom. As soon as I upgrade my house and the fireplace magically rebuilds itself in the kitchen, the bedroom just feels kinda empty.

So I was wondering if there's a way to code the fireplace to stay in the bedroom and, if so, what exactly would happen to the kitchen space where the fireplace currently is.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I really like things to be symmetrical so I'm okay with it not being in the bedroom (because then both sides of the bed can match) but I definitely think it's odd in the kitchen. Would maybe be better to have it go in the living room (centered, of course) and just make that slightly larger to accommodate.

I flat out can't explain the chimney placement on the outside of the house though. lol

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

It makes sense when you first get the house, since the chimney is on the room at that point and, therefore, on the right side of the house. :p
        And I wouldn't mind having the fireplace in the living room either.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Unfortunately, the place of the fire effect is hardcoded so there has to be a fireplace-like object in the kitchen, even if more fireplaces can be modded in otherwise.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I just pictured a 'horned' house with 2 chimneys x'D

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

*after the first house upgrade is what I meant. I know why it's over there at first but not sure why it stays on the right side when the fireplace goes over to the left side of the house. But then again, there's a lot of placement and size things that don't make sense with the buildings in this game. lol

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

shush, obviously the wizard did it.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Ah damn. My money was on the Void Witch. :p

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No, she is the reason why you can put 27 chests inside of your inventory or inside of another chest when those things take up 1m2 in the world :p

Ichimatsu, Ardalis and Minakie like this.
                    • hinax2

hinax2 Void-Bound Voyager

You can actually place a working Fireplace (animation, light and all) in your bedroom by using the Action command "asdf" on the first two tiles. The only catch is that you can't remove the tiles that use the "asdf" command in the kitchen. You can replace their images, but you need to have the two Action commands. You can replace it with double stoves so when the fire is on it looks like it's on the stovetop. Whatever tile you replace the original stove with needs to have the Action command "kitchen" though. The only catch with the bedroom fireplace is that when you leave the house the fire goes out, and goes on in the kitchen. It's hard coded so there's nothing you can do about that, but it doesn't bother me so that's what I use (although I kept the kitchen fireplace).