RELEASED TreeTransplant

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by LeonBlade, Jul 18, 2017.

1. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

TreeTransplant

TreeTransplant
    is a Stardew Valley mod that lets you transplant trees (including fruit trees) on your farm without needing to chop them down and wait for them to regrow.

Install
    1. Install the latest version of SMAPI.
    2. Download the newest version and install into the mods directory.
    3. Run the game using SMAPI.
    Use

In order to transplant trees on your farm, you need to visit Robin the carpenter and select the "Tree Transplant" option in the menu.

[​IMG]

Once you're in the tree transplant menu it's simple to start moving your trees.
    First, left-click on the tree you wish to move to highlight it. By left-clicking again you can move the tree to a new location.

[​IMG]

A tree can only be relocated when all of the surrounding tiles are green, if they are red that means there is a collision with another object such as a rock or building.

[​IMG]

Certain trees also have different requirements for growth like this sapling which needs all surrounding tiles to be clear in order to grow.

[​IMG]

By right-clicking with a tree selected or using the flip button in the bottom right corner you can flip the tree around for trees that support it.

[​IMG]

Using the close button the bottom right or hitting your exit key on your keyboard (default escape) you can close out of this menu and return back in front of Robin.

License

GPL-3.0

See Also

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    • faythkittie

faythkittie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh man, I could have used this on the ps4 a few weeks ago haha. This will be very useful, thanks!!

LeonBlade likes this.
      • LeonBlade

I hope it's some use to you. If you have any feedback, feel free to leave it here.

• zarzaz

zarzaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

good job, i thin so many people waiting for this.
          but
          I have bug,when i try to transplant not full grown mushroom tree then screen freze. i can move( i hear footsteps) and use buttons like "m" for open map, "e" for menu etc., but screen dont move.

Code:
          [16:57:42 ERROR SMAPI] The TreeTransplant.TreeTransplantMenu menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
          System.NullReferenceException: Odwołanie do obiektu nie zostało ustawione na wystąpienie obiektu.
             w TreeTransplant.TreeWrapper.get_texture()
             w TreeTransplant.TreeRenderer.drawPart(SpriteBatch b, Vector2 tileLocation, Rectangle source)
             w TreeTransplant.TreeRenderer.draw(SpriteBatch b, Vector2 tileLocation)
             w TreeTransplant.TreeTransplantMenu.draw(SpriteBatch b)
             w StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) w D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:wiersz 1304

• LeonBlade

TreeTransplant v1.0.1
            • Fixed bug with helper class causing the mod to crash when selecting trees that didn't use the batched texture.
            • Added support for rendering mushroom and pine trees.
            Download from Nexus or Github linked in the original post.

• captnk8

captnk8 Void-Bound Voyager

There is an error when I make a new game. When I type my character's name and press "t" I believe, it brings up the select a tree to transplant with a black screen and no way to exit.

Here is the SMAPI error:
              [12:15:55 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              at StardewValley.Game1.clampViewportToGameMap()
              at StardewValley.Game1.panScreen(Int32 x, Int32 y)
              at TreeTransplant.TreeTransplantMenu.update(GameTime time)
              at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
              at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 593

• HugooMagnaa

HugooMagnaa Void-Bound Voyager

selecting a young tree caused the tree transplant menu to close and freeze my screen at the spot. I could not move, just open the inventory :(

• LeonBlade

Sorry about that, this shouldn't have been in the build, please download it again and let me know if everything's fixed now.

Make sure you're on v1.0.1 and let me know if this continues to be an issue.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
                  • CherryFarmer

CherryFarmer Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a problem where SMAPI doesn't load the mod. It says it "Does not have a manifest"

• BLACKDRAGON1990

BLACKDRAGON1990 Orbital Explorer

ja genau bei mir das selbe problem auf einmal wird die mod nicht mehr geladen ich habe schon deinstaliert und neu instaliert mit der aktuellen version.
                      Ich frage mich mitlerweiler auch habe ich die vielleicht falsch instaliert weil im ordner tree transplant sind ja die strucktur dateien und ein weitererOrdner namens content wofür steht der den ? soll ich etwa diesen inhalt in den stardew valley haupt content ordner einfügen oder drinnen lassen in den treetransplant mod ordner ?:confused::X würde mich sehr danken freuen wenn mir jemand einen rat geben könnte.

• Dakmordian

Dakmordian Phantasmal Quasar

Would it be at all possible for someone to update this mod? It's such a useful ability and allows for reorganization of your trees into more pleasing locations or if you realize you need the land you stuck your fruit trees on.

• LeonBlade

Is this still an issue? What version of SDV are you using?

Someone graciously updated the mod for 1.3 for me. I will be adding the new release shortly.

Dakmordian likes this.
                          • LeonBlade

TreeTransplant v1.0.2
                            • Adds support for SDV 1.3 with Multiplayer.
                            • Fixes the spelling mistake that definitely no one noticed.
                            Download from Nexus or Github linked in the original post.

Dakmordian and HopeWasHere like this.
                            • Dakmordian

Dakmordian Phantasmal Quasar

Many wonderous thanks to you and the person who updated it!

• Tereza

Tereza Void-Bound Voyager

I want to give people a heads up that when this mod is installed the extra community upgrades (after you finished the community center) cannot be seen in Robins carpentry shop because the space is taken by the tree transplant button. You can just temporarily remove the mod once you've saved up enough stuff for the upgrade and then replace the mod back in. I was just really confused for a time so I thought I'd mention it.

fedprod, LeonBlade and HopeWasHere like this.
                                • fedprod

fedprod Void-Bound Voyager

This really needs to be fixed...

LeonBlade likes this.
                                  • LeonBlade

TreeTransplant v1.0.4
                                    • Updates to support SDV 1.3.36.
                                    • Adds support for the "Upgrade Community" button for Robbin.
                                    • Adds i18n support.
                                    Download from Nexus, Chucklefish or Github link in the original post.

• LeonBlade

Hey everyone,

I want to first thank you all for using my mod. It makes me happy to see many of you using my mod. Unfortunately, I do not get emails from a lot of different sites like Nexus or the forums here to hear many of your bug reports etc. The best way to ensure that your feedback is heard is to create Issues on the Github page. There I will get an email straight away and can respond ASAP. Alternatively, if you are apart of the SDV Discord, ping me (@LeonBlade#9988) in the modding channel and I'll be sure to get on it as soon as I can.

As you can see from the latest update, the fix to the "Upgrade Community" has been made. I'm very sorry it took so long.

Thanks again to everyone!

• LeonBlade

TreeTransplant v1.0.5

• LeonBlade

TreeTransplant v1.0.6
                                          • Adds support for Chinese.
                                          • Adds support for Portuguese.
                                          • Adds support for Spanish.
                                          • Adds support for German.
                                          • Adds support for French.