1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Tree refusing to grow

Discussion in 'Support' started by izzy82, Mar 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. izzy82

izzy82 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have this one stupid tree that is refusing to grow. All other trees planted at the same time have grown fine. I have checked over 1 1/2 seasons making sure nothing is around the sapling and it refuses to grow any more than this. My OCD prevents me from tapping the trees for syrup, pine tar etc. until all 6 are grown so I can harvest at the same time. Pls help? Farm Issue.PNG

• Concerned Gorilla

Concerned Gorilla Astral Cartographer

just chop it down and plant a new one hehe

Corraidhín and izzy82 like this.
      • izzy82

Okay, if it happens again I will kill a kitten. :)

• Concerned Gorilla

Concerned Gorilla Astral Cartographer

or you can upload your save file and I'm gonna make it grow haha
          oh can't really do that not a coding dude whatsoever but gorillas like trees no?

• izzy82

It's okay, I replanted it. I hope it was just a fluke. Thanks.

• LeBui

LeBui The Court

I have this same issue frequently and it drives me insane as well x.x

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

AFAIK, only fruit trees have the distance requirement, I say that cuz I have a wild forest of maples and oaks and... pines growing all nilly willy around my house, heck I cant even find the dog anymore! but yeah, I ve found the odd tree or pine that wont get past sapling stage, wonder what actually happens

• RushToward

RushToward Big Damn Hero

It really feels random, whether the non-fruit trees on your farm will grow or not.
                  (I doubt it's actually random, but I can't be bothered to get to the bottom of that mystery.)

If you're truly desperate, you can open up your save file and change the tree's <growthStage> to 6. That'll make it full-grown.
                  Though finding the right tree will be tricky if you have dozens of them on your farm.

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm having the same problem with these two buggers here.
                    They don't want to grow at all and it's driving me insane! Will replacing them with different ones actually work?

Attached Files:

• meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

• tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah. So I just leave it there and wait and see. Thank you.