Traveling to the planet

Discussion in 'Other' started by Power-Mad, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Power-Mad

Power-Mad Aquatic Astronaut

So maybe this is already part of the plan already, but seeing as we get to planets via drop ship, will we see it traveling into atmosphere? If done well would be a cool immersion effect and possibly a way to hide load times and also a very pretty effect.

Shoot, I realized I probably shoulda posted this in questions. Oh well, if it's not in, I'm suggesting it.

Irrelephant likes this.
  2. ockpii

ockpii The Reel McCoy

Well, what seems to be planned is that you get to different planets using what they call a "star map". If this is just some sort of board game-esque-type thing, I honestly would like something a bit more interesting. Don't know how they are going to articulate it, but I am able to be amazed at their starmap. Because it would be kind of impossible to do any other sort of interesting thing with a 2D game, ey?

~ockpii

3. TopHatRaptor

TopHatRaptor Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you sure it's going to be dropship only?

I couldn't imagine that we'd ONLY be flying in dropships. We'd probably be able to upgrade or purchase better ships. And yes, that idea is righteous. It would be cool to see you be able to go into the atmosphere and such.

4. Power-Mad

Power-Mad Aquatic Astronaut

Not quite what I meant. I mean like once you've selected a planet and are there, you go from the station to planet surface via drop ship I think from what I've seen in pictures.

5. ockpii

ockpii The Reel McCoy

I see. Can you link those pictures? Would love to see them :D

~ockpii