1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Trap Crafting Station 1.3

Protect yourself from intruders.

1. feerzlay

feerzlay Master Chief

feerzlay submitted a new mod:

Trap Crafting Station - Protect yourself from intruders.

Read more about this mod...

Crusism likes this.
  2. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Downloaded & Tested. Did you literally read my f-ing mind?

I just went to workshop, saw this and thought to myself: "hey, I wish this was on playstarbound.com because I don't own the steam version." *mind blown*

However, a serious question: why do certain traps have "Do not deal damage to enemies?"

Is it because these traps - marked with this quote/message - are in generated dungeons throughout planets and, because of that, shouldn't hurt enemies?

If so that'd be good as I'm worried dungeon monsters/enemies will die because of their pathfinding and them jumping/patrolling on their own traps.

If so, are all traps in generated dungeons marked with this? Asking this because there are only two marked (and craftable) it seems (the 'sawblade trap' and the 'tesla spike'); are there other traps aside from these two?

Also, do they still hurt normal NPCs?
    I know that they hurt players because I've just tested them but I'd like to know if they'd hurt neutral NPCS, friendly NPCs and following crewmembers because I would like to build dungeons of my own filled with NPCs but are meant to be multiplayer gauntlets/dungeons for other players.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  3. feerzlay

feerzlay Master Chief

This is how it works in Starbound 1.0 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I only added a text to description.
    However, in 1.1 they fixed traps so they can damage only player. But as the majority of subscribers use them against monsters, I returned damage back. Aaaand yes, NPSs take damage too (tested for neutral, but should be the same in case of crewmembers).
    Why sawblade and tesla don't deal damage? I can only assume this is due to the fact that they cause damage on contact, not shot.

Crusism likes this.
  4. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

So... Basically, every trap that doesn't say "Do not deal damage to enemies?" will do damage to everything (in other words, you fixed the 'fix' to make them useable)? X'D

And, with that, do the NPCs take damage from the traps that say "Do not deal damage to enemies?" or do they count as 'enemies'?

5. feerzlay

feerzlay Master Chief

Yes! :D

They don't. The thing is, there is no way to sepparate NPCs and monsters in case of traps. So, or they both take damage, or they not. May be I should make description more clear x)

Crusism likes this.
  6. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Thank you so much for the clarification. X'D

Time to go absolutely crazy with these nutters!

7. feerzlay

feerzlay Master Chief

Crusism likes this.
  8. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

I don't see the Monster Spawner spawning anything nor it has any animation.

Does it only spawn far off-screen? Or are there certain rules to it spawning? Or glitch?

9. feerzlay

feerzlay Master Chief

You should power it up ;)

Crusism likes this.
  10. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Yay! Got It! Thanks!

Note: For anyone who plans on using the Monster Spawner, remember to have the spawner away from everything else and isolated in a single area or space because the spawner may spawn faster than you can kill if you're not well-equipped and because the monsters may escape and trash everything (unless that is your intention - which then place it next to some village and then power it - lol). Or, you know, just build a switch to turn the spawner on and off. X'D

Provided Screenshot of the Monster Spawner working.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  11. Aedris

Aedris Void-Bound Voyager

I am running a small dedicated server for my friends, and I love this mod.
    To make it easier for players to join and use your mod, may I include it in a small pack of mods?
    I will include credit for you along with a link back to the original mod within the pack.
    Thank you for your modding work!

12. feerzlay

feerzlay Master Chief

Sure, no problem :)

Crusism likes this.
  13. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Random Thought: Will more traps be coming? X'D