Transformation Gates.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by A.N.T.I., Feb 26, 2012.

1. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

Basic Description: Transformation Gates are something VERY odd... a civilization specific door that transforms mostly anything that walks through it into the sentient being of the planet while in the walls of the civilization. Say you see an empire of penguins... walking through these gates turns you into penguins. Of course some creatures aren't advanced enough to have these gates... Luckily.
    What this does: Anything organic that walks through one of these gates without a special type of permissions card will turn into the creatures that own the city. Some items don't work while transformed though, like say you have a giant rocketlauncher and you want to go in and destroy everything living there while being a small creature, yeah that doesn't work. And most armor you have will be unequipped too, where, if you're not at war with the creatures living there, you will recieve free armor fitted for the creatures only.
    What's the point?: For one, personally I think it would be badass to be a lizard or something, but another point is that they aren't only for civilizations, they're also craftable. Say you go through one and you do a quest or mission for the creatures that live there... after a few of them eventually they'd tell you how to make one, then this would be put into your log, and then you can make one.
    What if I want to be a specific species?: Well this is where science comes in. To become a certain type of creature, all you have to do is have the creature in your log, and then select which creature you would like the gate to be bound to when it's placed, you can change it anytime.
    Sounds OP: If this went through you mind please whack your head against a wall several times because like I said most armor and weapons become inuseable while being certain types of creatures.
    Civilizations?: I'm just going off of what I've heard about them, but I'm hoping they'd be like cities or something.
    How do I change back?: Just walk through the portal again, when changed back you will have your gear already equipped and your weapons as well as anything you got while being the creature in your inventory. Or you could right click on it as it's like a buff really.
    You said organics...?: Yes, any robot type creatures that walk through these gates will stay robotic type creatures, they will still be able to go through the creatures cities, but the beings will be more on alert.
    Why couldn't I just change back while in a city?: Well there's a few reasons... one- It's impossible to do without certain items while in a city, and two- even if you do the creatures there will automatically attack you if you manage to.
    What if I want to stay being a creature ;D: Well some missions or quests will require you to be a certain creature to even do them, but you cannot leave a planet while being the creature.
    If there is any questions or comments you have, please post them below and I'll happily read them, and thanks for reading!

2. Ferroseed

Ferroseed Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds pretty interesting, I'd enjoy it if it was in game. I think I'd place one, have all of my friends transform and then take away the transformation gate so they can't change back.

3. Ethric

Ethric Phantasmal Quasar

I think this feature would work better implemented as an item. For example, if you walk into the Penguin empire as a human, you'll be unable to interact with the villagers because you can't understand them and they can't understand you. But when transformed as a Penguin, you'll be able to interact normally. Just a thought, as it allows players to unlock better loot and quests by a string of items being crafted rather than just walking in.

FrootLewp likes this.
  4. Vaidred

Vaidred Phantasmal Quasar

Well it doesn't make that much sense. Where would the portal be located, in a random place? Or would the gate be in the entrance of said city?

5. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

Entrance, you can't leave the city unless you walk through it, or you're on a certain mission and they turn it off, which is exactly why it isn't a weapon.
    EDIT: I mean an item. Derp.

6. Vaidred

Vaidred Phantasmal Quasar

Ahh, okay. That makes more sense.