Modding Help Traditional Swords Mod Help

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Foxy249, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Foxy249

Foxy249 Intergalactic Tourist

Sup guys I'm just gonna lay it all down here, I don't have any clue how to mod for this game or any game for that matter and even if this game looks simple enough I still believe It's quite hard and requires a lot of effort and knowledge. So if there is any people who are good at modding this game any help would be much appreciated. I would like to request a "simple" mod to make those 3 Traditional Swords from "Traditional Sword Rack" an actual weapons for players to craft and use. There is an image and a link to what I'm referring to.

http://starbounder.org/Traditional_Sword_Rack

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  2. Foxy249

Foxy249 Intergalactic Tourist

Just as an update I have removed the rack from the image and adjusted the blades on how they should look, basically making red hilt one different from the gold hilt one, the silver one is already different.
    I'm thinking for the gold and red hilt blades to be 2 handed broadsword type of weapons and silver one to be 1 handed shortsword type of weapon. For the 2 handed one (gold and red hilt blades) they need a secondary(special) attack,
    so gold hilt blade could have something like a Blink Slash move and the red hilt blade can have a Rising Slash. For the silver hilt blade since it would be a shortsword there would be no secondary(special) attack I guess.

Now I would need to divide them into 3 separated files for each one and that would be the png for the actual weapon(object) in game, one bigger image for the inventory screen and one small one for the icon it self. btw I am getting this info of the youtube so if someone knows better pls tell me. I will try to do this mod but It's my first one ever and I have no idea what I'm doing:(

Traditional Swords.png