Trade Market

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nebuli, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Nebuli

Nebuli Space Hobo

Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum so first of, Hello!! Only started playing the game about a week ago and now I am an addict to all things farm related! :)

Anyway on to my suggestion. Now that the game is going multiplayer I think a good idea would be Trade Centre. I don't know if any of you ever played Trade Nations - it was a game in the apple store a couple of years ago, it's gone bust now i think, you could build your own little city and you could build a trading market which was like a mini stock market. The prices of items and goods would go up and down all the time and the idea was to trade with other players, buy things when they are cheap and sell them when the prices go up. Or you could by item's and refine them (similar to getting eggs and turning them into mayo to turn a profit) and put them back on the market.

I thought it was super clever and quite educational - like a simplified stock market. I think it would be a great addition to the valley.

Let me know what you all think :)

StardewSinger likes this.
    • Focean

Focean Subatomic Cosmonaut

That would be nice for trading with people from other servers since you don't have to do that with your farmhands.

• Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Big Damn Hero

I'm not entirely sure how one would go about implementing since SDV isn't really that kind of game, but if I remember correctly Rune Factory 2 had something of the sort, as well as Harvest Moon, so it's possible. It wasn't a "stock market" as much as private transactions between two players, however.

I can see the sort of thing you've described working if players didn't set prices, for sure, and that could even go as far as being put into single player.

• Chefpief

Chefpief Subatomic Cosmonaut

I came in here thinking you meant like an ingame event with different NPCs selling limited time stuff, but having a market for people to sell stuff to other players could be interesting, and very game breaking. Someone could easily sell someone everything they need for the community center day 1 for 1 gold apiece, but at the same time people can download mods to do the same thing.

Focean likes this.