RELEASED Tractor Mod *

Lets you buy a tractor to more efficiently use tools, fertilise or seed crops, etc.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Teneombre You can replace your Mafoura_163672052 save folder with the attached one to fix the crash, and replace your Mods/TractorMod/data folder with the attached one to enable the tractor garage correctly. Sorry about that!

Attached Files:

• Teneombre

Teneombre Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks a lot ! Your mod (and your work) is awesome !

Pathoschild likes this.
      • celuila

celuila Space Hobo

Sorry I did save :(

Also, on the new version, some crops are picked up only when the tractor is "facing" them, so if you just drive along side it doesn't pick them up (Green Beans for an example).

Cheers

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@celuila Thanks, that's fixed in the upcoming 4.1-beta2; let me know if it still happens with the new version.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Here's Tractor Mod 4.1 beta 2. (See release highlights for 4.1 beta.)

Changes in beta 2:
            • Fixed the hoe breaking objects.
            • Fixed the effect radius being offset in some cases.
            • Added an optional highlight for the effect radius.
            Let me know if you run into any problems with this version. If you have a custom farm map, let me know whether building the tractor garage & using the tractor works fine. :)

Attached Files:

Flumme likes this.
            • LuckyBucky115

LuckyBucky115 Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@LuckyBucky115 Here you go. Make sure you use this with Tractor Mod 4.1 beta (see above) to avoid issues. You can replace your tyler_164132872 save folder with the attached one to fix the crash, and replace your Mods/TractorMod/data folder with the attached one to enable the tractor garage correctly. Sorry about that!

Attached Files:

• LuckyBucky115

LuckyBucky115 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much.

• Paulward54321

Paulward54321 Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Paulward54321 Thanks! The back wheel hub animation doesn't look like it's turning though, since it's flipping between two positions. Also, it's better to edit the sprite in the develop branch which has some changes for the 4.1 release. :)

• LogistikCZ

LogistikCZ Orbital Explorer

Really love this mod! Making things much more comfortable!
                    With allowance of @Pathoschild i made some retextures for the tractor.
                    Maybe somebody wants other color of the tractor like i did. (I wanted blue one :p )
                    So iam posting here the all the retextures i made and original one too to make sure if something wents wrong you got the original one. I also made a zip where are all the colors.
                    The retextures are made for version 4.1
                    Hope you like them! :)

EDIT: I forgot to add how to replace the original one with the one you choose so here it is for everyone:
                    1) Select the one you like and download it.
                    2) Rename it to: tractor
                    3) Go to your stardew valley folder which is where your steam is. (Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley)
                    4) Then go to Mods -> Tractor Mod -> assets -> and replace the original one with the one you choose.
                    5) You are done! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
                    • SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

-sliiiiiiiiiiides the purple tractor into her game-

LogistikCZ likes this.
                      • Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is great - THANKS for the color redones. :)

LogistikCZ likes this.
                        • LogistikCZ

LogistikCZ Orbital Explorer

So i decided to make recolors for the tractor garage too.
                          So here they are! :) (Iam including original too just in case.)
                          Garage Recolors are made for version 4.1
                          And all is allowed by @Pathoschild.

How to install:
                          1) Select the one you like and download it.
                          2) Rename it to: TractorHouse
                          3) Go to your stardew valley folder which is where your steam is. (Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley)
                          4) Then go to Mods -> Tractor Mod -> assets -> and replace the original one with the one you choose.
                          5) You are done! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
                            Little Lea, Flumme and Pathoschild like this.
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Tractor Mod 4.1 is now available!

Update notes:
                            • When updating, make sure to keep your Mods/TractorMod/data folder since your purchased garages are stored there.
                            • If you have a custom farm map and your save broke with Tractor Mod 4.0, post a message here and attach your save files. I'll fix your save for you.
                            New features:
                            • Added an optional hold-to-activate mode (tractor won't do anything unless you hold a key).
                            • Added default axe support (cutting trees disabled by default).
                            • Added tractor buff which pulls nearby objects towards you.
                            • Added compatibility with CJB Cheats Menu (instant build now works).
                            • Added compatibility with Pelican Fiber (garage now appears in its shops).
                            • Added compatibility with Horse Whistle (no longer sometimes summons the tractor).
                            • Added compatibility with custom farm locations (no longer breaks saves).
                            • Added option to highlight tractor radius.
                            • Added update check.
                            • Added an experimental feature which lets the tractor pass through trellis crops (disabled by default).
                            Feature changes:
                            • Tractor no longer uses tools unless needed (no more spamming pickaxe sounds).
                            • Pickaxe no longer destroys live crops, paths, and flooring.
                            • Pickaxe no longer breaks boulders if your pickaxe isn't upgraded enough.
                            • Scythe now clears dead crops.
                            • Hoe now digs up artifact spots.
                            • Added Chinese and Russian translations by yuwenlan and Ereb respectively.
                            • Added warning when translation files are missing.
                            Fixes:
                            • Fixed tractor letting you phase through objects in some cases.
                            • Fixed game logic treating tractor as the player's horse in some cases where it shouldn't.
                            • Fixed seeds, fertiliser, and speed-gro not working if you don't play in English.
                            • Fixed harvesting crops, breaking rocks, and foraging not providing XP.
                            • Fixed harvesting hay not showing hay-gained message.
                            • Fixed harvesting hay giving you double hay.
                            • Fixed scythe not harvesting wild-seed crops.
                            • Fixed Robin letting you build multiple tractor garages.
                            • Fixed only the first garage being restored when you load the save (if you manage to build multiple).
                            • Fixed tractor interaction grid being offset in some cases.
                            • Fixed visual bugs in tractor sprite.

LogistikCZ likes this.
                            • Paulward54321

Paulward54321 Void-Bound Voyager

np though if your moving yes it flopping between 2 points but if you drive a car or something its spinning fairly fast even if its slow moving so it moves that in no time but anyways it servers what i want.

• Catdragon8

Catdragon8 Aquatic Astronaut

Hello, my save is crashing back to the intro since I loaded in the tractor 4.1 update. I use the Immersive farm layout with it.

Edit: added my tractor data as well

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
                                • SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Yeeaah so updating to 4.1 proper made my tractor poof. Here's my save and tractor data files, respectively.

I do use the Farmer to Florist mod, just so you know--testing to see how it works for me.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Did you start building the garage with Tractor Mod 4.0? It shouldn't happen anymore in 4.1, but it may already have had the the issue. Here's the fixed save data — you can replace your Megan_163200553 save folder with the attached one to fix the crash, and unzip data.zip over your Mods/TractorMod/data folder to enable the tractor garage correctly. Sorry about that!

That's strange; the tractor is still there in your data. Which custom farm map do you use? I'll do some testing with your save and get back to you.

Attached Files:

• Catdragon8

Catdragon8 Aquatic Astronaut

I had just built the tractor garage, but still wasn't seeing the actual tractor yet. I went back to the mod page to look for a fix and saw the you had updated it, thought that might repair it.