RELEASED Tractor Mod *

Lets you buy a tractor to more efficiently use tools, fertilise or seed crops, etc.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@kzintiwife Yep. Make sure to spell it Pine Cone though (it needs to match exactly).

@medail What do you mean?

• medail

medail Space Spelunker

@Pathoschild right now when i use the latest version of the tractor mod and i have seeds, water, deluxe speed grow or scythe picked and i drive by a pot (empty for seeds, grown for scythe, not watered, or no soil addition) the tractor ignores the pot.

as such i would like it very much if the mod could be expanded so that the tractor works on pots the way it works on soil. or as i put it, have the tractor 'see' pots as soil

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@medail Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add that in an upcoming release.

• waterpixieedd

waterpixieedd Space Hobo

hi there!! I'm new to modding, so I'm not sure how to grab my log... but the other mod I installed worked just fine, this one however isn't showing up in robin's shop at all... I even tried upgrading my house, and building other buildings but it just won't show up... I'd be happy to show my smapi thing, just not sure how.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• waterpixieedd

waterpixieedd Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@waterpixieedd It seems you're missing some of the mod files. Try reinstalling the mod to fix that. If you're using a mod manager, try unzipping it with the built-in Windows option instead.

• waterpixieedd

waterpixieedd Space Hobo

I deleted it from my downloads and from the mod file, and even the recycle bin to be sure then I reinstalled and got the same... on the site I was clicking install manually... should I click the other option? I've included screenshots of my steps to try and help. https://log.smapi.io/bVV3LEcj
              Thank you so much for your help by the way, it's very much appreciated. tractormoddownload.JPG tractormoddownload2.JPG tractormoddownload3.JPG

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@waterpixieedd Make sure you unzip mods into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods. (You're unzipping it into the SMAPI installer folder in those screenshots. You can delete that folder to prevent confusion.)

• waterpixieedd

waterpixieedd Space Hobo

It worked!!! Thank you so much!! I'm so sorry lol Like I said I'm new to this, so I really appreciate it and this has helped me so much!! I can't wait to get my tractor <3 <3 I've been playing on the switch up until now, and seeing videos with this mod drooling over it haha!

Pathoschild likes this.
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Tractor Mod 4.7 alpha is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.31 only.)

This adds experimental multiplayer support. Please read the following before trying the alpha:
                    • This is highly experimental.
                    • Any current tractors will be migrated to a new data format when you save. If you remove the update afterwards, your tractors/garages will turn into horses/stables. Make sure you back up your save before trying the alpha.
                    • The mod must be installed by the main player, plus any farmhands that want to use the tractor features. (If a farmhand doesn't have the mod, they'll just see horses instead of tractors and won't be able to use the tractor features themselves.)
                    • If Robin is currently building your tractor garage, it will be completed immediately when you update to 4.7.
                    See the release notes for more info. Try it out and let me know if you notice any issues!

hatmouse likes this.
                    • NatNat03

NatNat03 Space Hobo

Does it work on IOS?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@NatNat03 Unfortunately SMAPI mods aren't currently possible on iOS.

• Gedebuk

Gedebuk Space Hobo

Quick questions what happened if you Uninstalled the mods and you still have the tractors in the save files?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Gedebuk With Tractor Mod 4.6 and earlier, the tractors will disappear when you uninstall. With 4.7+, they'll turn into regular horses instead (and you can reinstall later to turn them back into tractors).

• Gedebuk

Gedebuk Space Hobo

Thanks for the answer!
                              Also I have another problem, I'm playing on windows and mac
                              I build a tractor on my windows pc and when I tried to play on mac the tractor Is gone
                              The tractor is gone only when i tried to play the game on mac and i need to rebuild the tractor again
                              I use same save files, And the tractor is still there when I run the game on windows again

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Gedebuk In Tractor Mod 4.5 (for Stardew Valley 1.3.28), the tractors are stored in the mod folder so you'll need to sync that too. Tractor Mod 4.6 and 4.7 (for Stardew Valley 1.3.31-beta) use new features in SMAPI to store tractors in the save file instead.

• Gedebuk

Gedebuk Space Hobo

Aah thanks that solved my problems!
                                  Also any chance for upcoming feature for the tractor to remove objects?
                                  Ex : Furnace, Torch, Keg

I can't seems to remove objects with the tractor
                                  Would love to clean up my farm and start decorating from scratch again

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Gedebuk Sure, I could add that in a future version. If you want to redecorate entirely from scratch, there's one way you can do it now:
                                    1. Open the mod's config.json in a text editor, and change this:
                                      Code:
                                      "CustomAttachments": [ ],
                                      to this:
                                      Code:
                                      "CustomAttachments": [ "Mega Bomb" ],
                                    2. In-game, spawn a stack of megabombs using CJB Item Spawner.
                                    3. Drive around your farm holding the stack of megabombs to destroy all crops, objects, trees, etc.
                                    4. Hold the pickaxe and drive around to clear dirt disturbed by the bombs.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Tractor Mod 4.7-alpha.2 is now available!

This adds experimental multiplayer support. See this forum post before installing this version.

Changes since 4.7-alpha:
                                      • Changed default summon key from T to Backspace (since T opens chat).
                                      • Fixed potential crash for players without Tractor Mod installed when another player starts constructing a tractor garage.
                                      • Fixed texture swapping issue.
                                      • Fixed texture no longer replaced in Robin's construction menu.
                                      • Fixed extra tractors left behind if you demolish their garage.