RELEASED Tractor Mod *

Lets you buy a tractor to more efficiently use tools, fertilise or seed crops, etc.

1. paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Pathoschild, Out of curiosity, why is the tractor disabled for multiplayer?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@paxchristos The game crashes trying to sync the custom Tractor and TractorGarage classes to other players. Custom classes in multiplayer isn't something we've figured out yet, so the mod safely disables itself.

valentinevar and paxchristos like this.
      • paxchristos

Dang it! Just when my wife and myself were to going to be lazy and have a farm full of coffee beans. Looks like we're going to have to do it the hard way.:avalicry:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@paxchristos One option is to play in multiplayer until harvest day, switch back to single-player and use the tractor, and resume multiplayer on the next day. Not as fun as doing it together, though.

paxchristos likes this.
          • paxchristos

Hmm... good thinking, but if we wanted to be really lazy, then we'd have to do single player for plowing days and watering days... there wouldn't really be much time left for playing together.:catbleh:

• iceykiller5

iceykiller5 Void-Bound Voyager

are you planning on trying to fix it for multiplayer in the future?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

is there any way to make it so the pickaxe and hoe will clear weeds on the tractor? I've tried adding '"ClearWeeds": true' to them in the config and it doesn't work.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Allayna Sure, I'll look into that for the next update.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Allayna Those are implemented in the upcoming Tractor Mod 4.5-beta.3. :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

paxchristos likes this.
                    • Kuriiyo

Kuriiyo Cosmic Narwhal

Can't wait for this to work in multiplayer! Me and my friends are so excited to drive around on tractors. xD

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Something odd has been happening for a bit, I think the seccond to last time stardew updated... When on the tractor and holding a tool, I looks and sounds like I only get the 1st 2 frames of the the animation. It's odd...
                        I recorded this while using a reskin, but I did text it with the normal tractor image as well
                        Example

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Allayna That's fixed in the upcoming Tractor Mod 4.5-beta.4. Thanks for reporting it!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• forevergent777

forevergent777 Aquatic Astronaut

Is there any chance for this mod to somehow incorporate weapons function? Because right now, I noticed the only way to damage enemies while on the tractor is with the hoe equipped.

Allayna likes this.
                            • Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

I second this.... because you can reskin the tractor to be a horse and charge into battle. :rofl:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Allayna @forevergent777 Done! In the upcoming 4.5-beta.5...
                                • You can use any melee weapon (disabled by default). This is pretty overpowered.
                                  upload_2018-6-12_1-54-17.png

• You can use any slingshot, which will fire one projectile/tile/second in the aimed direction (disabled by default). This is immensely overpowered, but will consume ammo at a voracious rate. upload_2018-6-12_1-51-44.png

• You're now invincible by default while riding the tractor.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
                                  forevergent777 likes this.
                                • forevergent777

forevergent777 Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you very much!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Tractor Mod 4.5-beta.5 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3 beta only.)

Release notes:
                                    • Added support for melee weapons: clear dead crops, attack monsters (disabled by default).
                                    • Added support for slingshots: fire one projectile/tile/second in the aimed direction (disabled by default).
                                    • Player is now invincible while riding the tractor (configurable).
                                    • Fixed pickaxe not breaking boulders in the mines.