1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated TouhouBound 1.55

Anything you need for your average day in Gensokyo~!

1. <||ReiMar||>

<||ReiMar||> Subatomic Cosmonaut

Being a complete and crazy Touhou fanatic, I put ya a Unzan sized thumbs up! Asked someone to feature it on YouTube, hope he'll respond)) X) Keep up the work, you're awesome))

2. Gir554

Gir554 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There is only one thing I can say about this mod. Hngyes.

3. Kitaen Silva

Kitaen Silva Phantasmal Quasar

^ u^~!

I'm glad you're all enjoying the mod so far! The reception has been a hundred times better than I had hoped, especially seeing as how it was released in such an unfinished state.

Anywho, since the discussion here seems to be acquiring followers and users, it might be a good idea for me to actually start popping in here to post status updates in regards to this mod. It's been quite a few days since I've pushed an update, and while you may be hoping that means something huge is coming, I'm afraid I have to be honest and give a small bit of disappointment: While I have been rutting around in the assets and figuring quite a lot of things out for our next update, I made a sort of agreement to take a break while my friend Alnitak moved and got settled into a new job and home this week. This is because Alnitak and I have been working hand-in-hand to put together the code for this mod, and I don't want to go leaving him behind. We worked our backsides off non-stop all night, every night for a week to bring you what's here so far, so a break was a bit of a godsend.

But! I bring good news!

This next update will contain quests! And not just quests, but side-quests as well! Maybe a number of codices to find! We'll be looking into methods of triggering a quest on pick-up of an item or the defeat of a miniboss so that it'll be possible to have the quests be fluid at least within a tier instead of one solid tree.

The questline will be done as story progression told from the perspective of your character, and will start with the discovery of a book in your shiplocker that you don't recall being there earlier. This book is also a codex entry, so using it will allow you to read the text within. Retrieving the codex from the shiplocker will trigger the next quest, which will guide you through the process of creating the Cosplay Corner, collecting some materials and a handful of the new drops, and crafting one of the outfits from the new station.

The next few updates will probably be the addition of more features as opposed to the outright fleshing-out of existing features because we're currently trying to determine exactly what we can and cannot do with this mod, but we will be adding content for existing features along the way. For example, there are two additional outfits which will be ready to roll within the next update or two, and we will be trying to clothe those crazy speedo youkai with a small variety of equipment.

For most of the last week, however, I have been trying to conduct compatibility tests with more than 80 of the other mods here on the ChuckleForums. Results have been pretty solidly in the favour of there being zero conflicts with TouhouBound itself, though some of the other mods didn't exactly like being bundled together so I had to cobble some hotfixes just to get the pack functional for testing. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get Industrialization to work even by itself, and that's probably a derp on my end, so if someone wants to see if TouhouBound is compatible with Industrialization and let me know how it fares, please post your results here. If it conflicts, I would need a copy of your Starbound.txt log file so I can see the error and try to fix any issues that might be on our side. If you don't know where to find this log file, it can usually be found in the same place that the .../Starbound/mods... folder happens to reside, and it's just a plain text document named "starbound" or "starbound.txt". There had been a conflict between Silverduke's Cat Tails Mod and just about every other mod I had been using, but I gave them an updated player.config file that used the "__merge" functions, so if you had been using that mod before, you may want to toddle over to Silverduke's mod page and snag the updated version of the Cat Tails Mod. I had run into a pretty large hiccup with Rise of the Hylotl, where it was upset about multiple cases of materialID conflicts, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't a conflict with TouhouBound, and I had been able to fix that by changing the MaterialIDs. I've informed Seancruz of this issue, so it might not be an issue for very long, depending on things.

After these initial quests and codices are pushed in the next update, we will likely start work on the "Mysterious Sukima", which will [probably] start off as a sort of crafting station at first, but will evolve into something new entirely once we figure some things out for it.

Please wait warmly, girls are preparing~!

4. <||ReiMar||>

Just out of curiosity - will there be Touhou weapons?) Like mini-hakkero canon or ying-yang needle shooter or even third leg nuclear canon?) X)

5. Kitaen Silva

There will indeed be Touhou weapons and other various items~!
    They won't be easy to obtain so you'll have a sense of accomplishment in getting the item(s) you want, but they will be present and they will be obtainable. =3

6. <||ReiMar||>

Sweet) X)
    I don't think you can also swap original Starbound ambient music to something Touhou-ish...or can you?)

7. Kitaen Silva

I can indeed, and there are plans for something along those lines, as a matter of fact~!
    There's also danmaku-related shenanigans upcoming. =3

<||ReiMar||> likes this.
  8. <||ReiMar||>

Is it Furious Koala updated? I kinda missed out on that. ^ ^''

9. Kitaen Silva

Not quite yet, I'm running into some trouble with figuring out what Furious Koala broke. Sorry about the delay! x .x

10. <||ReiMar||>

No problem) Just make it happen)

11. elcastcze

elcastcze Aquatic Astronaut

Nice :)

12. TessVerres

TessVerres Aquatic Astronaut

Looking forward to the FK update! It looks like I missed quite the gem because of the update. I'll be checking back everyday (maybe more than once per day) for updates!

13. Kitaen Silva

Kitaen Silva updated TouhouBound with a new update entry:

Furiously Late Compatibility Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. <||ReiMar||>

15. <||ReiMar||>

You work hard, and then it's not Furious anymore...( I'll be waiting for an update)) I really want to see this on Starbrethren)) X)

16. TessVerres

TessVerres Aquatic Astronaut

Argh, I was so close to getting it too! 2 days before a new patch.. That's lame. T.T
    Well to be fair, FK was a huge patch which changed a LOT. EK may not be as bad, making compatibility changes possibly easier. I am SO looking forward to this though. Hopefully Sakuya will be in there!

Edit: It seems that you cannot use this mod at all any more. I was able to change the version from Furious to Enraged and it worked, but now with this new half update thing, it gives an error regarding Assets2 or something. Hope an update will roll out soon!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  17. Xary

Xary Big Damn Hero

Is this mod dead ?

nearly been a month without news

T'would be a shame if it did die

18. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope it will be picked up soon also.

19. <||ReiMar||>

Those guys are having some real life problems. Be patient or do it yarselves))

20. Xary

Xary Big Damn Hero

I don't remember saying anything about a new release

I said I wanted news if the guy was still interrested in making it